POTUS 2020

Weekend BO- Actuals Mo 18.53, OCP 16.89, FB 10.43, Arr 5.58, NA 3.16, MbtS 3.13

1 minute ago, Christmas Baumer said:

I can't speak for the rest of the world outside of Canada and United States Seinfeld is a pop culture icon here. Most of my friends and colleagues and Associates no the popular shows in Seinfeld. The Soup Nazi the masturbation show they're spectacular and so on and so on. Friends is also massive. I just watched an entire 10 seasons on Netflix over the last six months and I still laughed my ass off. I don't know which one is bigger now or which one was bigger than that it's just safe to say that they are both iconic at least in this part of the world.

And I don't see why friends being white is a bad thing. So what if there's all white people in it. There's plenty of shows out there that have all black people in it. This white shaming b******* is getting ridiculous now.

Pretty sure Friends has stood the test of time better since it ended on a satisfying note, unlike Seinfeld (can you imagine if Twitter had existed back when that crap finale aired? Geez).

• Like 1

Just now, Christmas Baumer said:

I can't speak for the rest of the world outside of Canada and United States Seinfeld is a pop culture icon here. Most of my friends and colleagues and Associates no the popular shows in Seinfeld. The Soup Nazi the masturbation show they're spectacular and so on and so on. Friends is also massive. I just watched an entire 10 seasons on Netflix over the last six months and I still laughed my ass off. I don't know which one is bigger now or which one was bigger than that it's just safe to say that they are both iconic at least in this part of the world.

And I don't see why friends being white is a bad thing. So what if there's all white people in it. There's plenty of shows out there that have all black people in it. This white shaming b******* is getting ridiculous now.

It's not new. When the show was on it was getting crap for being set in NYC and showing almost no guest stars of color.

19 hours ago, Maxmoser3 said:

$7 million OD isn't that bad. Yeah it's bad word of mouth could hurt it, but c'mon, when was the last time a R-rated comedy had appeal? Bad Moms? Sausage Party?

One of the biggest hits this year, Deadpool.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

Eh, I think Seinfeld is longer-lasting and also holds up better, but it may come down to personal taste. I don't have much interest in watching a random Friends ep on reruns, but I'll still occasionally watch a Seinfeld here and there. 

They're both among my favorite shows ever (and perhaps my top two sitcoms ever), but I'd probably give a slight edge to Friends.

• Like 1

I watched Friends religiously and it takes me like 2 seconds to pinpoint the season an episode belongs to when I catch it on tv. But I don't find it as funny as I did back then. Seinfield I can rewatch forever. I'd take Cheers over them tho.

• Like 2

Just now, filmlover said:

I knew someone in college who legit ran like Phoebe. It was the funniest shit ever.

My friends still call me Chandler every time I mention something work related because they just can't be bothered to understand what  I do.

Friends was a much more traditional sitcom, if extremely well made.

Seinfeld was a pretty unique thing at the time.  The show's motto was "No hugging, no learning."  There have been so many shows that are just as cynical, if not much more so, since it went off the air, that I'm not sure it really stands out anymore (other than being very, very funny at its best).

There's hardly a soul around here that knows about Seinfeld but if I had to pick which one of the two to binge for the first time I'd go with that one. (I used to watch Friends as a kid, but that was about 15 years ago at this point, it may as well not have happened). Part of it is JLD, who I've become a fan of thanks to Veep. Don't really care for anyone in the Friends cast. The promise of cynicism appeals to me more too.

Edited by Jake Gittes

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

The only comedy I watch repeats of is 2 Broke Girls. Why? Because of reasons.

Hide contents

tumblr_mns1dcSvry1soobbpo1_500.gif

That show is godawful outside of the chemistry between those two.

Funnily enough, I read recently that they had Oscar winner Mercedes Ruehl on it in a guest spot. How the mighty have fallen.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

That show is godawful outside of the chemistry between those two.

Funnily enough, I read recently that they had Oscar winner Mercedes Ruehl on it in a guest spot. How the mighty have fallen.

All the jokes are awful. Terrible. No good. Very bad. But Kat Dennings makes it all worth it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

All the jokes are awful. Terrible. No good. Very bad. But Kat Dennings makes it all worth it. 

The chemistry between her and Beth Behrs is terrific and deserves a much better show. Everyone at that diner or associated with it is just insufferable.

• Like 1

interesting in a way

what would theoretically happen, if both prices would go to the same person? Fodder for 'antis'?

...asks for performers to be listed under "male" or "female." Mantle was submitted under both, the Academy confirms to THR, and "can be nominated in either category."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/race/oscars-academy-deems-gender-fluid-performer-eligible-male-female-categories-954757