POTUS 2020

Weekend BO- Actuals Mo 18.53, OCP 16.89, FB 10.43, Arr 5.58, NA 3.16, MbtS 3.13

Still Rogue One with a frosh dramatis personae is going to be pretty damn high with a worldwide start over five days between $280M-$350M.

n the U.S./Canada, industry projections currently lie between $140M-$150M in 4,100-plus sites, with a heavier interest among men than women.

and some more

http://deadline.com/2016/12/rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-box-office-opening-disney-felicity-jones-1201867465/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

While I wait for more numbers, I am gonna watch Suicide Squad Extended Cut, which I got on Wednesday.

51806388_Alt01?wid=450&hei=450&fmt=pjpeg

There's nothing new.  Wasted time.  Go on YouTube and find the deleted scenes.  They literally don't interrupt or change the flow of the movie.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

There's nothing new.  Wasted time.  Go on YouTube and find the deleted scenes.  They literally don't interrupt or change the flow of the movie.

DAMMIT

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kraken said:

Tbf Fox and Universal leave most of that to Searchlight (two recent wins) and Focus and I think Jackie will get in for the former and Loving might have a chance for the latter. And Fox got Martian and Revenant in last year (plus Brooklyn). Disney is the one I think won't challenge anything besides animated in the near future unless they make another WALL-E, Up.

The sad irony is Disney has the best track record of late

• Like 3

Arrival is not a Paramount movie by the way.

Couldn't believe how many logos there was at the beggining of the movie  : 8 ! and no Paramount was to be found, but Sony & its subsidiary Stage 6 & Filmnation.

Paramount has the rights of Arrival on US soil it seems but nothing more.

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Couldn't believe how many logos there was at the beggining of the movie  : 8 ! and no Paramount was to be found, but Sony & its subsidiary Stage 6 & Filmnation.

DOM and China are Paramount. Every other territory it is Sony.

• Like 2

Just now, The Futurist said:

I think they also have China. Anyway, it seems they're the ones handling the campaign tho.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CJohn said:

DOM and China are Paramount. Every other territory it is Sony.

UK is eOne and Australia was Roadshow for Arrival but most OS territories were handled were Sony. It's not unusual for a film like Arrival to have different distributors, La La Land will have local distributors as Lionsgate doesn't handle OS distribution apart from the UK

‘Spider-Man: Homecoming 2’ Shoots Web Around Independence Day 2019 Frame; ‘Bad Boys 4’ Moves To Memorial Day

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Dammit man, I thought you said you were going for the standard Blu!

That is Star Trek 3 since we got the inferior steelbook.

14718572_335580583476610_562096536977145

I wish we got the other one instead :sadben: 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

‘Spider-Man: Homecoming 2’ Shoots Web Around Independence Day 2019 Frame; ‘Bad Boys 4’ Moves To Memorial Day

Sony wasting no time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

You HATE SS though. Gotta complete the collection, I suppose.

I can't have holes in my DCEU collection. Plus, the digibook will sell out fast just like BvS, since SS was the biggest superhero movie here since Spider-Man 2.

• Like 1

Universal will probably push the Illumination film back a week to July 12th, I'm surprised Sony didn't opt for a Wednesday opening to capitalise on July 4th holidays. 

Im assuming Marvel won't release more than 3 films in a year so it'll just Captain Marvel, Avengers and Spider-Man in 2019. 

Bad Boys 4 probably won't be made or will be pushed back a year. I think WB probably should bring forward their DC film to June 7th to give it more breathing room or possibly move it to the end of July/early August