Beginning on August 1, 2017 all free accounts will have the same avatar size as all paid accounts. This means you will be able to upload larger avatars on that day if you have a free account and this will no longer be a paid perk.

That One Guy

Unforgettable | April 21, 2017 | Warner Bros. | Oscar buzz

filmlover    26,542
6 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

BY the way, @Christmas Baumer, these Woman/Mistress/Seductress from hell potboilers tend to make solid money, but usually garner so-so reviews. Has there been a case of a film like this not titled Fatal Attraction or Play Misty for Me that got decent reviews? I am curious as to what a proven director, or even a so-called auteur could do with a story like this.

I'm pretty sure The Hand That Rocks the Cradle (which was very controversial when it came out) and Single White Female got solid reviews back in the day, for what they were anyway.

• Like 2

Cochofles    10,946
6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm pretty sure The Hand That Rocks the Cradle (which was very controversial when it came out) and Single White Female got solid reviews back in the day, for what they were anyway.

I LOVED those two movies, and I think that they were way way better in terms of acting and characterization that the current crop of *crazy-bitch-from-hell* potboliers (which I still enjoy).

This one time I totally went on a marathon/binge of those films and I was shocked about how many of those they made back in the nineties.

Would Gone Girl be considered one of those movies although it doesn't exactly adhere to the narrative structure of a typical 'crazy-bitch-from-hell" movie?

Edited by Cochofles

James    8,303
7 hours ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

It is not a direct to DVD movie. It is not even a TV movie. Heck, it just looks like a TV episode. Close up after close up. No single wide shot at all. You call it a movie ? By the way, it is written by the same writer of "Shut In". For god's sake, What the hell is WB doing all these years under the watch of Kevin Tsujihara? Back in the days, no matter how incompetent WB might be, they won't be that shamelessly put out this kind of crap. I am totally baffled that it is getting a wide release. It is absolutely embarrassing. 

Lol, what did the man did to you? It's obvious that the studio is thriving under his lead. They make money. That is their purpose and they achieve it every year.

MrPink    52,973

Having just saw this trailer with Get Out the other day, did anybody besides me see a mild resemblance to Ivanka Trump and Katherine Heigl?

• Like 2

TheMovieman    956

What's with the 10 seconds of footage from the trailer that plays before the trailer? It's not just this one, but I've seen it done several times before.

Jake Gittes    9,598

Just found out I'm gonna be reviewing this so please please please be as shamelessly trashy as possible. It better not be the opposite of its title. 

• Like 1

Napoleon    3,273

TV spot with audience reactions:

TV spots with positive words from critics:

filmlover    26,542

I actually might see this this weekend. We don't get trashy early-90s type of thrillers like this much anymore.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

I actually might see this this weekend. We don't get trashy early-90s type of thrillers like this much anymore.

We got that cheap thriller with JLo two years ago, and it was actually quite fun, tbh. I'm also going to check it, I love these type of movies.

Krissykins    4,680

I know she's apparently quite difficult but I like Katherine Heigl. She was actually a box office draw at one point.

Maybe if this does ok she'll get back to films again. 

Napoleon    3,273
2 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

We got that cheap thriller with JLo two years ago, and it was actually quite fun, tbh. I'm also going to check it, I love these type of movies.

I loved that movie. It was so good.

• Like 1

Napoleon    3,273

The twisty, dark, psycho-sexual thriller, directed by longtime producer, but first-time feature helmer Denise Di Novi should take in about $7 million from 2,300 locations. The estimates grosses are not too, shabby off of a $12 million production budget.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/box-office-fate-of-the-furious-unforgettable-1202347619/

• Like 1

Krissykins    4,680
46 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

The twisty, dark, psycho-sexual thriller, directed by longtime producer, but first-time feature helmer Denise Di Novi should take in about $7 million from 2,300 locations. The estimates grosses are not too, shabby off of a $12 million production budget.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/box-office-fate-of-the-furious-unforgettable-1202347619/

Aww, I'm hoping it can get over $10m. 

• Like 2

grim22    53,596

A 12M budget is actually really good. It can gross its budget on OW and probably end around 25-30M.