Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

7 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

How has that proved that it's presales front-loaded if we haven't even seen the Friday numbers yet?

I still see the OW range being too big right now to call.

Because it is the second biggest presales seller by far and yet it barely beat BvS and CW for midnights. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, James said:

Because it is the second biggest presales seller by far and yet it barely beat BvS and CW for midnights. 

It could also just mean that presales are stronger beyond previews. Meaning throughout the weekend. (Not saying it is, but possible)

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

But the lower than expected previews already support what some of us were arguing about this lacking much casual appeal. Please tell me a situation where the Star Wars fanbase was ever letting the previews dip below 25m? That just wasn't happening. It could make 90m for the weekend and it was still guaranteed to make 25m+ in previews. Star Wars really needs to be pulling around 40m in previews in this day and age for it to be a huge number for the franchise. Now it could turn out to be nowhere near as preview frontloaded as TFA, but being a part of this franchise doesn't put the odds in favor of that. This movie should in theory be more niche and thereby more preview frontlaoded. 

Or maybe casual movie goers simply don't bother going to the movies on a Thursday night (This is not the first SW movie in 10 years, nor a sequel to one), and instead wait for Saturday to see it, and RO ends up not being front loaded at all.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

No. He still tends to be a bit overwhelmed by the theatrical experience. Any theatrical experience. And I think in particular a movie like this would be tough for him -- not necessarily from the violence, though I think of all things

Reveal hidden contents

but because the flow of all the characters and locations requires you to keep a lot of info active in your head, and he's not quite up for that yet.

Episode 8 is touch and go, I'll have to play that one by ear. Tele Jr hasn't seen FORCE AWAKENS yet either, though he knows who Kylo Ren is. (He hasn't seen SITH yet either.)

Yeah my Grandpa also gets overwhelmed with the cinema loud sounds and there is no way he would keep up with RO's flow of characters and locations.

Funny though I always assumed Tele Jr was still young enough to apreciate this kind of movies.

I mean we all know you're old Tele but seriously if Tele Jr can't handle it anymore, How old are you ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chewy said:

Kids are gonna hate this movie btw

Based on what?

I'd keep an eye out for the reception on Common Sense media if we'd want to gauge parental outrage.

TFAhttps://www.commonsensemedia.org/movie-reviews/star-wars-episode-vii-the-force-awakens

Rogue One: https://www.commonsensemedia.org/movie-reviews/rogue-one-a-star-wars-story

8 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

Morning and early afternoon shows looking strong here.  75-90% capacity for shows before 2pm seems great.  Prime shows between 7-10 are likely to be sold out with only a handful of seats unsold for each. 

TFA is the only obvious December comp we have and that was a force, pun intended.  $65-70m today is what I expect but definitely rooting for a surprise.

So  high end aroud

70 (29+41) + 45 (+10%) + 36  (-20%)=  $151

3 minutes ago, RascarCapat said:

Yeah my Grandpa also gets overwhelmed with the cinema loud sounds and there is no way he would keep up with RO's flow of characters and locations.

Funny though I always assumed Tele Jr was still young enough to apreciate this kind of movies.

I mean we all know you're old Tele but seriously if Tele Jr can't handle it anymore, How old are you ?

Tele Jr is five and a half. :rofl: 

• Like 1