Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

i love avatar. must've seen it upwards of 10 times. it's one of those movies when i'm flicking channels and i see its on no matter what point it's at i'm probably gonna sit and watch the rest of it.

That perfectly describes Avatar for me actually. 

• Like 1

I loved Avatar visually. I loved the sense of adventure. It looked amazing in 3D on theater screens. I am not a hater, that's for sure. I thought the characters were pretty weak, though, the "love story" was a joke, and the villains were cardboard cutouts. Very poorly developed. The plot was formulaic. The dialogue was mostly cringe-worthy as well. For me, though, I can get past all of that and still say I really enjoy the visual feast that is Avatar. I just wouldn't rank it as an all time great movie, but certainly an all time great experience at the movies. It didn't hold up well when I watched it in 2D at home, though. Looks much better when I pop in my 3D Blu-ray. Even then it's tough to get over some of the dialogue. 

So $70M on Friday, well, if that holds I would say I'm very happy with that number. Especially after a fairly underwhelming preview number, a $70M full day Friday is a good sign and a good number. 

1 minute ago, ThePanda A Star Wars Story said:

Honestly though, I can't sit through Avatar anymore.  I saw it four times in theaters, and now I don't have the patience to make it through at home.  

I could barely make it through the first time.  The entire thing is just a shitload of boring, overly-CGI action that has no emotion put into it whatsoever.

Just now, That One Guy said:

I could barely make it through the first time.  The entire thing is just a shitload of boring, overly-CGI action that has no emotion put into it whatsoever.

You have a problem with "shitload of boring" and yet you think R1 is The Godfather incarnate? Okay then. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

You have a problem with "shitload of boring" and yet you think R1 is The Godfather incarnate? Okay then. 

LMAO, Rogue One being boring?  I'm sorry, but Rogue One had a universe and characters I could care about and relate to.  Avatar's only character was the VFX.

• Like 1