Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

I was hoping for a better hold for Moana.

If the actual is around there, it will have slightly fallen behind TS2's pace. Of course, the holiday weekdays are what counts now, so we'll have to wait and see how it does.

Edited by elcaballero
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

I admire Gitesh's enthusiasm but I'm side eyeing those projections

Yeah, that seems a tad optimistic. I wouldn't expect a domestic multiplier of 3.87 (which is what it would take to get to 600), though I guess it is still more likely than the number he sees internationally.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Poseidon said:

So RO slightly under FB overseas. 
FB had SK instead of Japan. So I guess it's pretty much compareable. 
Amazing, how big SW is in the US. 

I think it is amazing how big FB ans SW R1 are in OS (and US)

5 minutes ago, George Parr said:

Yeah, that seems a tad optimistic. I wouldn't expect a domestic multiplier of 3.87 (which is what it would take to get to 600), though I guess it is still more likely than the number he sees internationally.

Yeah his O/S projection multiplier is about that high as well - that is if you assume China + SK will do $200m.  If not then higher.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

I hope the legs are good, I am still hoping for at least 1.1 billion worldwide and hopefully beating Civil War as Top Grossing Movie of the year. 

But that's tough, with USD being so strong now thanks to Trump and Fed Rate Hike.

Just a little disappointed that after all the news of.. Fandango crash, biggest online ticket sales since TFA etc, its opening is about that of Hunger Games. 

• Like 1

The film scored straight A’s across the board from CinemaScore. It played 59% male,

74% adult, 37% 25-and-under, 49% 26-49, and 14% over 50. It played 62% 2D (5% PLF 2D), 12% IMAX, and 6% PLF 3D.

out of the Forbes article see tweet

or

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/12/18/rogue-one-box-office-star-wars-tops-weekend-with-290-5m-worldwide-bow/#4f013dfb6e3e

• Like 2