Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

Thu/Midnight previews 

Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($57 million)

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 ($43.5m)

The Dark Knight Rises ($30.5m)

Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part II ($30.4m)

Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part I($30.3m)

Twilight Saga: Eclipse ($30m)

Batman v Superman ($27.7m)

Avengers: Age of Ultron ($27.6m)

Twilight Saga: New Moon ($26.3m)

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire ($25.25m)

Captain America: Civil War ($25m)

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I ($24m) 

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince ($22.2m)

Man of Steel ($21m)

Suicide Squad ( $20.5m)

The Hunger Games ($19.7m)

The Avengers ($18.7m)

Jurassic World ($18.5m)

The Dark Knight ($18m)

Can Felicity beat KStew?

Edited by zackzack
  • Like 5

15 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Exactly the same here! Let me add to that, Rey was awful, it was bland and unimaginative, zero action, anh deathstar plot, too much fan service (member chewbacca?), not a single great moment.

I really enjoyed Episode 4-6 and grew up watching 1-3 to I also enjoyed them.

Sorry bud, Episodes 1-3 were dull. Watch them again if you dare. ;)

Ep 7 was lightyears ahead of them. Still, not as "amazing" as reviews claim and with a case of rehash-itis.

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Elessar said:

Ep 7 was lightyears ahead of them. Still, not as good as reviews claim and with a case of rehash-itis.

I'll concede that I was a child when I watched them, man I liked them though! Wasn't a major complaint that it pandered to kids? It worked on me.

7 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Ep 7 was lightyears ahead of them. Still, not as "amazing" as reviews claim and with a case of rehash-itis.

Nah Rots was way better the TFA.  If I wanted to watch Anh I would watch ANH again 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Do I detect a sorta kinda TFA mini-backlash? Why?

Because we realized JW, fast 7 and sw7 were not as good as the box office and the reception show.

They simply rode on a wave of nostalgia.

I expect future sequels of those films to fall 30% 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Do I detect a sorta kinda TFA mini-backlash? Why?

The fact that it had nothing original and outside of Finn all the characters were just pastiches of previous characters. It had little plot and even in that the plot holes were massive. I won't talk about the Mary Sue arguement but that ending was bullshit. It was way to focused on Nostalgia 

Edited by boomboom234

3 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

Nah Rots was way better the TFA.

Ugh...

More original doesn't mean better. JJ schooled Lucas in terms of filmmaking. Yes, the script could have been better....

Edited by Elessar

ROTS had bigger stakes than TFA. But acting in the prequels were awful and it does not hold as well. But Sith left better impact than TFA did last year.

JJ captured the fun aspect better than lucas did and both Rey and Finn were terrific characters. But I wish it had something original in plot.

The point is TFA kept you interested for a sequel and frankly even with a harsh decline it will outperform Ta and even Jw domestically without much difficulty.

Whatever opinion one may had over TFA it will be another huge event movie of 2017 handily again and interest in SW is ahead of at Super hero movie.

• Like 1

Damn.

All I remember from TFA as far as reception was everyone loving it, everyone singing its praises, and everyone being deliriously happy about its success.

I totally expect that, once Marvel Studios starts rebooting their current universe (we know it will happen eventually), people will turn their backs on all of those movies that everyone raves about now.

• Like 2