Alli

Thursday numbers (Asgard) R1 16.9,Sing 9.8,Pass 3.1, Ass 2.8 (pg6)

-(-)Miss Sloane   EuropaCorp  $23,721   +18%   1,463     $16  $3,397,950     28

-(-)Shut In   EuropaCorp          $3,321   -2%           78     $43  $6,880,041     42

-(-)Chosen    Hannover House       $99   -53%           1     $99        $3,057       7

thank you Tele for delocking this thread

• Like 2

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story ended its first week of domestic play with a solid $16.7 million Thursday gross. To wit, that’s a 12% jump from yesterday, and it brings the Walt Disney blockbuster’s week-long cume to $221.9m. That puts it above Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them ($211m) as the 10th-biggest hit of the year in North America. It will presumably be passing Doctor Strange ($227.6m) sometime today for ninth place, but Suicide Squad ($325m) may have to wait until maybe Monday or Tuesday.

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 3

That Thursday does seem to make 90 at least a more obtainable goal for Passengers and 100m isn't totally gone if it can do well post the 25th. AC is this year's Point Break (and every other Christmas bomb) in that nobody cared beyond a few and terrible reviews killed whatever chances it might have had otherwise. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Whatever small change against R1 those two turds might have had was completely gone once the reviews confirmed what the trailers made quite evident.

both these movies were tracking higher originally. It is obvious that the terrible reviews killed the interest that was in these films. 

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Yeah, that seems decent.

What's everyone expecting of Fences on Sunday? The theater count is looking to be low-ish and it's only getting 1 screen everywhere (and has a long running time that limits the number of shows per day).

Anecdotal evidence, but that trailer gets insane buzz every time I've seen it. South Florida loves Denzel, though. I think it'll do fairly well throughout the holidays and do 70+ at the box office. Maybe 5 or 6 mill on Sunday.

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

Anecdotal evidence, but that trailer gets insane buzz every time I've seen it. South Florida loves Denzel, though. I think it'll do fairly well throughout the holidays and do 70+ at the box office. Maybe 5 or 6 mill on Sunday.

It is weird that it is opening on Sunday

Passengers is a good film, I expect it to have great legs once people figure that out.  I haven't seen AC yet.

Oddly, Passengers demographics skewed older than I expected, at least the day they tracked that.  Which might make the weekend bump higher too, (except Christmas eve).

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

Weird, cause I feel like everything's been muted despite Denzel and the excellent reviews. Guess the movie's too heavy to find a mass audience and Paramount thinks so too so something like $75M total is probably the high end.

Rogue One, see post earlier

made another $15 million to bring its foreign cume to $197.9m. And with the $222m in domestic grosses, Gareth Edwards’s sci-fi heist caper has earned $419.8m worldwide, putting it in 15th place for the year between Jason Bourne ($415m) and Warcraft ($433m). The film should top $450m today and make a play for $500m by the end of the weekend.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/12/23/box-office-rogue-one-ends-week-one-with-222m-domestic-420m-global/#54caf53e4a22

• Like 4