Alli

Thursday numbers (Asgard) R1 16.9,Sing 9.8,Pass 3.1, Ass 2.8 (pg6)

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

Not trying to be snarky or anything because I thought this was very strange and was wondering if anyone else is seeing this at their theater but Passengers went from having 3 2D showings per day along with 4 3D showings per day on Thursday to just one 2D showing and 6 3D showings for Friday. 

Personally I can't watch films in 3D so I thought it was weird that BOTH theaters around me left only one 2D showing and at an inconvenient time when most folks are coming home from work. 

You too have a problem with 3D? I can only focus with one eye at the time.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, misafeco said:

Yea! It sucks! I can't focus my right eye and then I also start getting dizzy so it all becomes a mess for me lol 

And I was going to catch a matinee of Passengers this morning because a lot of folks on here said it wasn't bad so I went to check the times and the only ones available in the morning were 3D. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nova said:

Yea! It sucks! I can't focus my right eye and then I also start getting dizzy so it all becomes a mess for me lol 

And I was going to catch a matinee of Passengers this morning because a lot of folks on here said it wasn't bad so I went to check the times and the only ones available in the morning were 3D. 

I can focus with both of them, there's no difference. Just not at the same time. I had 4 operations but it didn't work. Other eye problems are gone now so I don't even need glasses.

• Like 2

If you look at both 2011 and 2005, the last 2 times Christmas was on a Sunday, pretty much every movie has a large Sunday (due to depressed Saturday) increase and then a Monday increase as well (some modest, some quite large).

Whatever R1 (and pretty much any other movie other than maybe AC) has on Sunday, it is likely to be larger on Monday.

Dec 26 is a Holiday in both Canada and the US (Fed holiday).

Right now I sort of like a blend of Porthos and Druv10 for R1,

Porthos KK Fri-Sun with Druv10 Sherlock Monday. That would put you at about 67M Fri-Sun and 98M for the 4 day. I've seen a couple of articles where they are thinking somewhere close to 100M 4-day.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I watched Love & Friendship yesterday, if there's any justice in the world, Beckinsale will be nominated to Oscars, she gave the performance of her life. Everyone should watch this masterpiece.     

Loved that movie and her performance but she stands 0% at a nomination unfortunately.

• Like 2

I'm looking at the Arclight in Hollywood and Silence is getting close to selling out the 7:15 show for tonight. Although I just saw that showing has Q&A with Andrew Garfield afterwards so that explains why.

A Monster Calls has sold barely anything for today at the same theater. I'm not expecting a great PTA. Then again, I don't even think it'll do well in wide release.

Edited by filmlover

32 minutes ago, Nova said:

Personally I can't watch films in 3D so I thought it was weird that BOTH theaters around me left only one 2D showing and at an inconvenient time when most folks are coming home from work. 

26 minutes ago, misafeco said:

me three

can only see 2-dimensional, can not see 3d in general = always, not only in ceinams / watching 3-d material.

I always have to be very careful e.g. using unknown steps or...

German insidekino.de says:

not official yet, starting week of Rogue One in the US 'around'  ~ $222m = #2 of the year and #10 or #11 of all time

Noch nicht offiziell: ROGUE ONEs Startwoche in den USA liegt bei ca. $222 Mio. - Nr. 2 des Jahres und Nr. 10 oder Nr. 11 All-Time...

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm looking at the Arclight in Hollywood and Silence is getting close to selling out the 7:15 show for tonight. Although I just saw that showing has Q&A with Andrew Garfield afterwards so that explains why.

A Monster Calls has sold barely anything for today at the same theater. I'm not expecting a great PTA. Then again, I don't even think it'll do well in wide release.

I'm guessing Focus was a little too confident on its award chances, it's done amazing business in Spain and I expect it'll do decently OS

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I'm guessing Focus was a little too confident on its award chances, it's done amazing business in Spain and I expect it'll do decently OS

They should've kept in October, although I don't think it would've done too well there either (since it still would've had to face the "who is this aimed at?" dilemma).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Oh, God. Why I don't live in America. 

Just now, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Oh, God. Why I don't live in America. 

More like "why don't I live in LA?" They're always having Q&A's for movies with stars at the Arclight.

Although I feel like everyone will just be sitting there marveling at Garfield's hair the whole time. lol.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Stingray said:

That Sunday & Monday combo is crazy high. Would love for it to happen but chances are slim to none, imo.

I'm not expecting it. Just using Sherlock as a guide and remember so far from Mon-Thurs, it has followed quite closely. 100M for 4 day is definitely on the table.

Sherlock holds

Monday -52.3%

Tuesday +4.8%

Wednesday -17%

Thursday +10.8%

RO holds

Monday -53.3%

Tuesday -.01%

Wednesday -15%

Thursday +13.3%

Edited by druv10
  • Like 5