FlashMaster659

Tues #s (Asgard pg 136) R1 22.4 Sing 17.7 Pass 6 Moan 4.6 Ass 3.6 WH 3.4 Fen 3.1 LLL 2.6

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

In a movie filled with terrible plot twists, that's the most baffling one of all.

It wouldn't be the first time, A Listers sign up to a turkey, Aloha comes to mind...

3 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Why are Nancy Meyers movies so expensive? 

WTF http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=somethingsgottagive.htm

I'm guessing it's the cast, none of them come cheap and I guess Meyers is well paid too. The Intern at $35m was cheap in comparison and likely made more profit than any of her previous films.

Assuming actors can see the future and know if a movie will turn out good in the end is a very flawed premise.

Plus, no director works 2-3 years on a movie with the idea to make a turkey in mind, when they wake up each day in the morning.

"Let s make crap !" is one hell of an inner morning pep talk.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

Unless there's a slam-dunk of a player there -- absolute no-question slam-dunk -- that's exactly what I expect them to do. And.... the Niners need bodies. It's probably the right move.

It's the right move... Unless they get an underwhelming number of picks back.

BTW: Guess which thread of yours I just discovered the existence of. :ph34r:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Maybe Lohan had to get paid double for both roles in Parent Trap...

Speaking of that, I was looking at Meyers' box office track record, and for some strange reason I've always been under the assumption The Parent Trap was some huge 150-200m grosser back in the day when it actually made just 66m. :ph34r:

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Speaking of that, I was looking at Meyers' box office track record, and for some strange reason I've always been under the assumption The Parent Trap was some huge 150-200m grosser back in the day when it actually made just 66m. :ph34r:

Same here. Maybe it's just Lohan's star power that came after the movie that is causing us to think this. 

Edited by Rman823

47 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

My Sing forecast is looking pretty damn good right now:

11M Wednesday

9.5M Thursday

14.3M Friday

10M Saturday

18.2M Sunday

18.2M Monday

42.5M 3 day, 71.2M 6 day

you mean, 81.2M. ;) 

Just now, Rman823 said:

Same here. Maybe it's just Lohan's star power that came after the movie that is causing us to think this. 

Or maybe we've got another case of Mandela effect. It's spreading to box office now, only a matter of time before Oogieloves is the new all time highest grosser. 

:ohmygod:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

It only cost $15.5m so it was hugely profitable. 

9 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

Surely some work of brilliant insight, no doubt.

It's gonna be studied for years, that's for sure. :ph34r:

(the fact that it said "Untitled" is probably why I kept skipping over it whenever I saw it on the front page the last couple of months :D)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1