FlashMaster659

Tues #s (Asgard pg 136) R1 22.4 Sing 17.7 Pass 6 Moan 4.6 Ass 3.6 WH 3.4 Fen 3.1 LLL 2.6

I am one with the force and the Force is with me. Translation, I am now older and wiser and refuse to get dragged down into this Twilight debate again LOL

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lab276 said:

I agree, real life is generally better. VR also apparently makes you violently ill, although that could just be a video game thing.

The illness thing depends on each person. I tend to get headaches from 3D in a theater and I think virtual reality might cause a similar issue for me. 

Edited by redfirebird2008
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

Thg was thought to be the franchise of our times.

In reality it was only popular due to the kids killing kids gimmick.

Batman was thought to be the superhero of our times, but in reality, it was only popular due to the billionaire beating up criminals gimmick.

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Batman was thought to be the superhero of our times, but in reality, it was only popular due to the billionaire beating up criminals gimmick.

It's simple 

Mj1 fell once they took the Games out 

6 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

It's sad. I loved that we have a new unique franchise.

Edit: I mean no people with special abilities (Jedi, superheroes), the focus wasn't on action, darker than your average blockbuster, etc.

Edited by misafeco

2 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Kind of disturbing. My dad feels we are like the Roman Empire. Obsessed with violent sports and violent movies. All just a big distraction kinda like the gladiators helped distract Romans from their daily troubles. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Kind of disturbing. My dad feels we are like the Roman Empire. Obsessed with violent sports and violent movies. All just a big distraction kinda like the gladiators helped distract Romans from their daily troubles. 

He's right. We humans don't change.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

This is a real oversimplified look at it.

I'll put it in another way: The last film did financially what many people thought would be best-case scenario for the first film before it actually came out.

Oh, and I truly believe that bad marketing affected it. Plus if they had done a proper trilogy out of it I kinda think the third(and last film) would have out-grossed the first one. Instead they made a really lackluster third movie that really affected the hype for the much-better 4th and final movie.

• Like 2

The final duel in dh2 was a bit lame considering all the buildup to it.

In the books it was for interesting but as a finale compared to ROTK and the Vader and Luke scenes in ROTJ that final duel in dh2 was not very remarkable.

4 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

This is a real oversimplified look at it.

I'll put it in another way: The last film did financially what many people thought would be best-case scenario for the first film before it actually came out.

Oh, and I truly believe that bad marketing affected it. Plus if they had done a proper trilogy out of it I kinda think the third(and last film) would have out-grossed the first one. Instead they made a really lackluster third movie that really affected the hype for the much-better 4th and final movie.

A single MJ movie would be able to increase from CF, and would had segmented THG as one of the biggest trilogies of history, both critically and in B.O, fuck Lionsgate.

Edited by Mockingjay Raphael
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

The final duel in dh2 was a bit lame considering all the buildup to it.

In the books it was for interesting but as a finale compared to ROTK and the Vader and Luke scenes in ROTJ that final duel in dh2 was not very remarkable.

Agree. Now that I've got the audiobooks, I don't even bother with the films anymore tbh. The first four I wouldn't need to watch again anyway because they're burned into my brain. But even the good ones pale in comparison to the audiobooks.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

I also think it should be a rule here that nobody is allowed to comment on a film's quality and less they have actually seen it.

I personally refrained from commenting on Doctor Strange and Fantastic Beasts until I saw them. Now I feel like I have every right to tell everyone how crappy they are because I actually sat through both of those Abominations of film.

I thought both films were . . . . okay . . . . but yeah, commenting on movies you haven't seen should be a permanent credibility killer.  For FB and DS I'd say the special effects were probably the best features of the films.  The story didn't really grab me in either one though I thought they had potential (missed potential).  I thought Cumberbatch was solid in DS but for FB it's probably not a good sign that, for me at least, the best performance and most charismatic character in the film was Colin Farrell. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lab276 said:

Agree. Now that I've got the audiobooks, I don't even bother with the films anymore tbh. The first four I wouldn't need to watch again anyway because they're burned into my brain. But even the good ones pale in comparison to the audiobooks.

Th Harry Potter ones? I was thinking of getting them. I take it you highly recommend them?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arlborn said:

Th Harry Potter ones? I was thinking of getting them. I take it you highly recommend them?

The Stephen Fry ones for sure. I'd say the they're the definitive Harry Potter experience, even ahead of reading them.

• Like 2