FlashMaster659

Tues #s (Asgard pg 136) R1 22.4 Sing 17.7 Pass 6 Moan 4.6 Ass 3.6 WH 3.4 Fen 3.1 LLL 2.6

33 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

So, with that kind of Monday for R1, what kind of total is expected Tuesday through Monday (December 27 through January 2)?

Here's what I posted on a different forum for Rogue One at around 1pm last Thursday after we received Wednesday's numbers:

-----------------------------------------------
Friday: $22.1M
Saturday: $12.8M
Sunday: $28.2M
Monday: $31.0M

3-Day Weekend gross: $63.1M (-59%)
4-Day Weekend gross: $94.1M (-39%)

For fun, I am going to say $62M for Tues-Thurs next week and $64M for the third weekend (not counting Monday, Jan 2nd) at this point in time. My third weekend is on the pessimistic side if my second weekend figures are in the right ballpark. Almost everything increased New Years weekend vs the previous X-Mas weekend in 2011. 

-----------------------------------------------

So a slight underprediction on the 3 and 4-day weekends, but in the right ballpark so far. I thought X-Mas Eve would be weaker and X-Mas would be stronger, but they mostly evened out. R1's Friday and Sunday were a 3% higher than what I predicted. 

If my Tues-Thurs and third (3-day) weekend totals continue to be close, Rogue One would be sitting at around $445M by the end of Jan 1st. If you want to assume that R1 will continue to run 3-4% higher than what I thought (given that every day has been a bit higher other than X-Mas so far), the total through Sun, Jan 1st would be $450M. 

SH: Game of Shadows, made $6M on Mon, Jan 2nd 2012, after a $10.8M Dec 26th. Given that Rogue One's Dec 26th was almost 3x as high, Jan 2nd could easily top $15M. That would be at least $460M using my numbers, or $465M+ going a bit higher. 

I don't see how Rogue One misses $450M, unless I am way off for this coming week's grosses.  

EDIT: Wow, bad timing for this. RIP Carrie Fisher... I'm glad she was able to be in The Force Awakens last year, and am sure she will be missed by millions in future films. 

Edited by kswiston
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

In theatre for Rogue One

29 minutes ago, La La Panda said:

I think this quote is going to become an all-time classic here on BOT

16 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

People magazine (@People) sent a tweet that Carrie Fisher has died.

Spoiler

he is probably out of here and... one of the last to see without knowing the news. 

Gives it in a way a complete new meaning

5 hours ago, Doctor RTH gone Rouge said:

it's nowhere near 90%,think you are referring  to what's called 90/10 deal which is 90% of a net figure after taxes and what's called a house nut (or house expense)  figure are  removed

so say GBO is 100k and taxes& house nut is 30k

you get 90% of 70k not 100k and there's a few other parts of the deal

4 hours ago, Doctor RTH gone Rouge said:

The 90/10 (80/20 etc) deal spoke of were around back in prequel days in fact dates back to 80's maybe 70's (cant recall) deal still exists but not as common place , house nut amount  & taxes  comes of the GBO before rental calculation, regardless of concessions if theatres payed 90% or more of GBO they would  be all out of business. The chains headoffice pay studios. I'd say the manager wasn't aware of house nut figure being removed from the equation. In a 90/10 deal the actual % payed back could still be quite high. If say it was  GBO 100k and taxes+ house nut was only 20k and the theatre pays 90% of the balance which is  80k, then they are paying 72% of GBO.  House nut figures are also screen based so if theatre plays say 3 screens there are 3 figures to remove from the GBO (Houe nut figure for 1st screen is 100% and the house nut figures for the 2nd and 3rd screens are at an agreed  reduced amount, it could be something like 75% of the figure for those screens)

Thanks for the info! I've been wondering about this for a while.

• Like 1

I think this is the first celebrity death this year that hit me for real. Most were musicians,  we can enjoy their music still and they weren't making more, but Carrie was still very much active, and so not only did we lose someone incredible today,  we lost some of their work as well.

Other which hit me hard recently was James Horner.

Imagine all the incredible music we lost when he died 20 years too early :(

Edited by Daxtreme
Mobile sucks
  • Like 3