FlashMaster659

Tues #s (Asgard pg 136) R1 22.4 Sing 17.7 Pass 6 Moan 4.6 Ass 3.6 WH 3.4 Fen 3.1 LLL 2.6

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Rogue One shows that there is a marginal decline in interest in Star Wars? Are you for real?

Rogue One is showing that TFA's performance wasn't just because of the time gap or making up for the PT. Any decline of audience interest is marginal: i.e. small. 

• Like 1

I think we all feel a great disturbance in the force. It's as if millions of voices cried out in Terror and then were suddenly silenced. Rip Carrie Fisher

• Like 23

3 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Above $32m Monday is fantastic for R1, expecting another massive day today. 

Holiday after X-Mas at weekend Monday = agree, but as Baumer said, a bit dangerous to be overexcited about (if I remember it right)

It is the how extreme fantastic...

• Like 1

I was in the cinema watching Rogue One for a third time, and the news of her passing came through as a message on my phone. Was devastated, struggled to concentrate on the rest of the film. And certain scenes in the film felt ever so much more poignant. :(.

Rest in Peace, Carrie.

Edited by MonstersandRoy
  • Like 13

2 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Holiday after X-Mas at weekend Monday = agree, but as Baumer said, a bit dangerous to be overexcited about (if I remember it right)

It is the how extreme fantastic...

Yeah it was predicted by a few of our members, today will drop decently due to work getting a little more back to normal but it will still probably be a great hold given the circumstances.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Nova said:

If so many people who had no interest in the Furious franchise went to go see it because of Walker's death, why wouldn't the same principle apply for Carrie Fisher and Star Wars? The thing about event films is that everyone wants to feel like they're apart of it. Next year Star Wars is going to be an event film. Then you have Carrie Fisher's death added to it and you'll have people coming in droves wanting to see Princess Leia for the last time. 

I dont see how thats such a hard concept to understand. 

No, I understand the concept, I just disagree with it. People went to see the Furious franchise, yes, but that's a much smaller sample size. The Force Awakens was already an incredibly hyped event film that got a ton of people to see it. You can't compare the jump from Fast and Furious 6 to Furious 7 to the "jump" from TFA to SW8. There might not be a more hyped film ever than The Force Awakens. People already came in droves.

Yes, F7 (41m tickets) sold much more than F6 (28.5m), but TFA already sold 108m tickets. You can't compare the two, is all I'm saying.

• Like 3

Overseas, the $18.2M Monday reps a 15.2% hike from last Monday’s first post-launch hold. The Rebel Alliance’s international box office is now $255.6M with 13 days counted. Domestically, Monday saw $31.8M worth of play, lifting the North American box office to $318.2M.

December 26 is a holiday in many markets — though without the home-and-hearth tug of Christmas Eve and Day which fell on Saturday and Sunday this year and resulted in cinema closures in many offshore hubs. The impact of Christmas falling on the weekend is clear when looking at the overseas and global takes for Rogue One on Monday. The $18.2M Monday abroad reps 38% of the $47.1M weekend. Globally, with domestic’s $31.8M factored in, the $50M Monday is 44% of this past frame.

Overseas, the $18.2M Monday reps a 15.2% hike from last Monday’s first post-launch hold. The Rebel Alliance’s international box office is now $255.6M with 13 days counted. Domestically, Monday saw $31.8M worth of play, lifting the North American box office to $318.2M.....

December 26 is a holiday in many markets — though without the home-and-hearth tug of Christmas Eve and Day which fell on Saturday and Sunday this year and resulted in cinema closures in many offshore hubs. The impact of Christmas falling on the weekend is clear when looking at the overseas and global takes for Rogue One on Monday. The $18.2M Monday abroad reps 38% of the $47.1M weekend. Globally, with domestic’s $31.8M factored in, the $50M Monday is 44% of this past frame.....

The UK continues to lead Rogue One play with $44.5M, followed by Germany ($23.7M), France ($21.4M), Australia ($19.8M) and Japan ($17.4M).

http://deadline.com/2016/12/rogue-one-star-wars-story-post-christmas-monday-box-office-domestic-global-international-1201875937/

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, miketheavenger said:

I do think that that is a distant possibility as well, but personally I think it could look like this by early 2020.

1. TFA

2. Episode IX

3. Avatar

4. Episode VIII

5. Titanic

I think Episode VIII will fall below Avatar, but who knows.

I'm thinking that Luke's omni-presence in the movie will soften whatever drop is coming.

RIP Carrie Fisher

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

Bob Iger, Chairman and CEO at Disney, said in a statement:

“Carrie Fisher was one-of-a-kind, a true character who shared her talent and her truth with us all with her trademark wit and irreverence. Millions fell in love with her as the indomitable Princess Leia; she will always have a special place in the hearts of Star Wars fans as well as all of us who were lucky enough to know her personally. She will be sorely missed, and we join millions of fans and friends around the world who mourn her loss today.”

Mark Hamill, who played Luke Skywalker opposite Fisher in the Star Wars films, simply tweeted: “no words #Devastated”.

C-3PO actor Anthony Daniels said: “I thought I had got what I wanted under the tree. I didn’t. In spite of so many thoughts and prayers from so many. I am very, very sad.”

Gwendoline Christie, who played Captain Phasma in Episode VII, tweeted: “We’ve lost our Princess”.

Chewbacca actor Peter Mayhew said: “There are no words for this loss. Carrie was the brightest light in every room she entered. I will miss her dearly.”

Star Wars: The Force Awakens actor Andy Serkis said on Twitter: “Dearest Carrie, so incredibly sad to say farewell so soon to such a beautifully honest and unique human being- see you in the multiverse.”

Billy Dee Williams, who starred alongside Fisher in The Empire Strikes Back and Return Of The Jedi, said: “I’m deeply saddened at the news of Carrie’s passing. She was a dear friend, whom I greatly respected and admired. The force is dark today!”

Fisher suffered a heart attack on a flight from London to Los Angeles on December 23. She died in hospital.

A statement released on behalf of her daughter Billie Lourd said: “It is with a very deep sadness that Billie Lourd confirms that her beloved mother Carrie Fisher passed away at 8:55 this morning.”

“She was loved by the world and she will be missed profoundly. Our entire family thanks you for your thoughts and prayers.”

http://www.screendaily.com/news/disney-star-wars-cast-react-to-carrie-fishers-death/5112474.article?blocktitle=LATEST-FILM-NEWS-HEADLINES&contentID=44435

• Like 6