FlashMaster659

Tues #s (Asgard pg 136) R1 22.4 Sing 17.7 Pass 6 Moan 4.6 Ass 3.6 WH 3.4 Fen 3.1 LLL 2.6

5 hours ago, robertman2 said:

Also, ANIMATION IS NOT A FUCKING GENRE. IT IS A MEDIUM.

Within the context of our discussion (namely, recent blockbuster movies) animation is not only a genre, but it is a very narrow one at that. All these animated/CGI movies mainly aimed at kids all revolve around an extremely narrow range of subject matter, leitmotifs and overall structure. It's either a variation of the princess story, the cute animals/toys/creatures and very little else. These are the animated movies I was referring to as a "genre" (those that have been making a lot of of money in recent years) not just any random animated movie. 

5 hours ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

No one's mentioned THE MAN WITH ONE RED SHOE yet. :mellow: 

That's because it is titled Der Verrückte mit dem Geigenkasten here, means those titles are out of the time I watched films in German (plus its a comedy...) = The Mandman with the violin case

Blues Brothers is the role I will remember the most in addition to Leia, my hubby loves the film for the music and so on, me for the ... absurd I found in the dictionary, not sure. Bizarr?

I like Backaroo Banzai too, beside usually not liking comedy/slapstick.

Blues Brothers: 'Leia' as ~ 'Phantom Commando' :D in a way, great music,...

1 hour ago, JB33 said:

Hello all! As a box office nerd, I'm so freaking glad I came across this forum! I've been lurking for awhile but more and more I've tried instinctively replying to certain posts so I finally said "Screw it! Time to sign up!".

Been keeping an eye on this thread for awhile now, patiently waiting for Tuesday estimates.

:welcome: 

Just in case: are you already aware about the forum also has e.g. a China area, an OS area (International), a Real Life area and....?

Then I always ended, starting per search machine, in the dom are (= here), I missed that detail then for a time

Have a lot of fun!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, elcaballero said:

I like the word whimsy to describe it.

Thank you.

Dictionary gives for whimsy  mood as an explanation (alternative: on a whim...).

It shows situations like a caricature (drawings, where people have e.g. way bigger noses, specifics are pronounced usually strongly), pointing out e.g. clichés in an over-the-top way, but not in the slapstick way

Does whimsy stand for that specifically?

4 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

What are th chances of Fantastic Beasts crossing the 230m mark?

IMO 90%.

It will add 1-1.2 on average from Tuesday (27th Dec) to Monday (2nd Jan) : So ~8 more to it's 216 total for 224 cume.

After that with MLK weekend I find it tough to see it not adding another ~6 for 230.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Doctor RTH gone Rouge said:

Tues

R1 22.4, Sing 17.7, Pass 6, Moan 4.6, Ass 3.6,WH 3.4,Fen 3.1,LLL 2.6

Pass still well ahead of TGWTDT and on its way to DOM gross=Production budget which always is a good sign.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Doctor RTH gone Rouge said:

Tues

R1 22.4, Sing 17.7, Pass 6, Moan 4.6, Ass 3.6,WH 3.4,Fen 3.1,LLL 2.6

30% drop for RO and it has also passed SS & BvS domestic. It's going to pass Zootopia today and DP, JB & SLOP on Wednesday. By Sunday, it's going to be number 2 movie of the year.

• Like 7

30% for Rogue One. That's pretty close to what SH2 did, after deviating a bit during the weekend.

If it sticks close to SH2 drops the rest of the week:

22,4 Tue

20 Wed (-10%)

19 Thu (-5%)

22.5 Fri (+20%)

19 Sat (-15%)

20 Sun (+5%)

17 Tue (-15%)

-------

458 Through Jan 2 - It will probably be less than that, but it's not a thoroughly unreasonable projection. High 430s should be the absolute bottom at this point, imho.

Edited by Celedhring
  • Like 9

19 minutes ago, Celedhring said:

30% for Rogue One. That's pretty close to what SH2 did, after deviatinbyg a bit during the weekend.

If it sticks close to SH2 drops the rest of the week:

22,4 Tue

20 Wed (-10%)

19 Thu (-5%)

22.5 Fri (+20%)

19 Sat (-15%)

20 Sun (+5%)

17 Tue (-15%)

-------

458 Through Jan 2 - It will probably be less than that, but it's not a thoroughly unreasonable projection.

Very reasonable to assume another 100M will be made after. 

Also, Moana with almost flat from Monday. Nice recovery after less than expected jump on Friday. It's gonna be over 210M after the weekend, 235M maybe more is possible. 

Edited by druv10
  • Like 7

Tuesday numbers compared to Friday

Friday     Tue     % jump
R1        22.86     22.4      -2.01
Sing      12.97     17.7      36.47
Pass      4.5         6          33.33
Moana  2.93        4.6       57.00
Ass       3.71       3.6        -2.96

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 12