FlashMaster659

Tues #s (Asgard pg 136) R1 22.4 Sing 17.7 Pass 6 Moan 4.6 Ass 3.6 WH 3.4 Fen 3.1 LLL 2.6

8 hours ago, Matrix4You said:

guys help.  Should i see Passengers and Assassins Creed in 2D or 3D today?  I have 45 min to decide.  Do either of them make good use of 3D the way that Kubo and the Two Strings, Fantastic Beasts, and Doctor Strange do?  I was disappointed with Rogue One 3D, seems it would be better for 2D.

thanks for helping me out everyone (sarcasm)

found this

http://www.cinemablend.com/3d/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Poseidon said:

if R1 had grossed 14m on Sat, 25m today would be a 78.5% jump.

Lil low but within expectations.

The great sat drop was certain to result in weaker jump

Edit: wtf @ the random 5 hours old quote in my msg?  mobile :ph34r:

Edited by Daxtreme

That's an impressive bump for Sing given that it's an animated film. Pretty good for Assassins Creed based on a $2.2M Saturday as well.

I'm surprised Rogue One is as low as it is given the rest though.

Sing's 77% Sunday Jump is pretty huge, but its a family film so it was somewhat expected. Bigger than Alvin 3's 58% Christmas Sunday jump from a few years ago.

1 minute ago, Mojoguy said:

Sing's 77% Sunday Jump is pretty huge, but its a family film so it was somewhat expected. Bigger than Alvin 3's 58% Christmas Sunday jump from a few years ago.

Family films received the worst bumps on X-Mas 2011 and 2005. That's why +77% for Sing is more impressive than the +127% for AssCreed.

Is Sing on track for about a 65 million 6 day Holliday gross?

That would be considered fairly disappointing wouldn't it?

Moana isn't exactly killing it and it had an 82 million Holliday 5 day gross.  I know Sing will benefit from another week of Hollidays but demand is demand and it will make up for that extra week of Holliday with hard falls after Jan. 2.

Pretty disappointing Holliday animation performances compared to what we've been accustomed to lately!!

• Like 1