FlashMaster659

Tues #s (Asgard pg 136) R1 22.4 Sing 17.7 Pass 6 Moan 4.6 Ass 3.6 WH 3.4 Fen 3.1 LLL 2.6

6 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

BOM still doesn't have Thursdays numbers up, dafuq

They're there. I just looked. 

I think RO will do 80-85 low end and 90-95 high end. 

Good for Sing

Meh for Passangers

Bad for AC

Decent start for WH?

No matter what passengers end up doing it's going to be way less than what I'm sure Sony was hoping for. It's definitely a movie that got killed by the critics and that's unfortunate.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

250-270m might be enough for it to be barely profitable. Marketing seemed big though. 

Pratt & Lawrence were invited on the news journal of french biggest TV channel.

Posters are everywhere.

If Christmas is on a Sunday why wouldn't most workers in he Usa get the 26th of.

That is how holidays work here in canada if it falls on a weekend.

Stores are open but banks and corporations are closed.

Here in canada I don't go back till the 28th lol.

Edited by Lordmandeep

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

If Christmas is on a Sunday why wouldn't most workers I the Usa get the 26th of.

That is how holidays work here.

Stores are open but banks and corporations are closed.

Here in canada I don't go back till the 28th lol.

Most professionals (office workers) will have Monday off. Although I'm on vacation this week, we also had our floating holiday today (so I didn't need to use a full week of PTO).

Edited by Jayhawk
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

No matter what passengers end up doing it's going to be way less than what I'm sure Sony was hoping for. It's definitely a movie that got killed by the critics and that's unfortunate.

At least Pratt has GOTG Vol 2. coming up and hopefully Lawrence's upcoming projects will be decent. I know I'm seeing them.

Edited by Rman823

2 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

I naively thought that at least critics would have least noted that Sony tried to do an original movie, sold on its cast, just like the old days, but no, it seems they gleefullly trashed the movie for reasons that escape me, because hey why not?, no matter how bad the movie supposedly is.

Naive me.

I ll be very interested to read interviews about  people involved with the movie and how they felt about its reception .

Ok, don't get me wrong, I'm the last one who will try to deny the importance of RT in 2016. However, some of you may be going a bit too far trying to put it all on them. It had two big stars and what I thought was an effective trailer. But it obviously must not have had the appeal it seemed like it would in the end. Furthermore, the RT audience and IMDB scores are pretty weak, so I don't know if it's just critics disliking it. We'll see what legs are like. 

• Like 3

Just now, Grand Moff Tele said:

If they don't like the movie, why should they care whether it's original or adapted?

I know, it s not a good argument but still, adaptations of candy bars  are looming.

And there is an Excel.doc at Universal Headquarters about the Fast & Furious calendar up until 2040.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

I don't think the marketing did it any favors either. It's as if they couldn't decide who to market it to. Sci-fi/action fans or romantic drama fans. Also, I think they relied a little too much on "Hey look, it's two of the hottest actors on earth in a movie together!" "Go see it!" Lol

I thought it looked decent enough but I can wait and see it later. 

• Like 1