FlashMaster659

Tues #s (Asgard pg 136) R1 22.4 Sing 17.7 Pass 6 Moan 4.6 Ass 3.6 WH 3.4 Fen 3.1 LLL 2.6

Just now, miketheavenger said:

I know he's had Godzilla before, but I'm really happy for Bryan Cranston that Why Him? seems to become a success. The dude deserves a hit after Trumbo and The Infiltrator's failures.

I think Cranston will be fine no matter what. He'll always get roles in prestige dramas. And he has legit comedic chops.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

I think Cranston will be fine no matter what. He'll always get roles in prestige dramas. And he has legit comedic chops.

It s really incredible when you think about it, his range, from Breaking Bad to Malcom in the Middle, very few actors can be that good in polar opposite genres.

Where are my DDL & Cate Blanchett comedies ?

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

I totally agree. It's just nice to see him in a successful film again after a few disappointments. I'm pretty sure his career will also recover after Power Rangers' epic floppage next March. :lol:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

I know he's had Godzilla before, but I'm really happy for Bryan Cranston that Why Him? seems to become a success. The dude deserves a hit after Trumbo and The Infiltrator's failures.

I think Why Him? is Cranston's first mainstream film as co lead, Godzilla was sold more on Godzilla then the cast. Given his comedy chops, it's surprising he didn't do a comedy sooner 

5 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think Why Him? is Cranston's first mainstream film as co lead, Godzilla was sold more on Godzilla then the cast. Given his comedy chops, it's surprising he didn't do a comedy sooner 

One main reason for that might be that he was just coming off Breaking Bad and wanted to stay in the drama genre for a while, right in his wheelhouse. Or maybe he just wasn't offered comedic roles at the time. That seems to have changed, though. He's already set for The Masterpiece, Last Flag Flying and Isle of Dogs, which will all likely have comedic elements.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

He did manage to score an Oscar nom for Trumbo though. I doubt he was too broken-up about it being not being much of a financial or critical success.

I've been seeing a lot of Passengers ads, and they all focus on how "sexy" Passengers is. Is this a sci-fi movie or a Victorias Secret ad? No wonder this movie is flopping, they have no idea what they want it to be.

40 year olds aren't going to see this movie for the sexiness, and 20 years arent going to buy in. Seems like another movie the studio over-relied on the stars and figured the casting would market the movie itself.

If this is a movie set in space, we want space thrills, not shots of JLaw and Pratt rubbing on each other being sexy. The message is totally unclear here, especially compared to the marketing of Martian, Gravity, and Interstellar. Hell JA clearly showed audiences what it was giving them - which is why everyone stayed away.

JLaw and Pratt are two of the sexiest stars in Hollywood, no doubt, but damn, this isn't Fatal Attraction 2.

Edited by jandrew
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, jandrew said:

I've been seeing a lot of Passengers ads, and they all focus on how "sexy" Passengers is. Is this a sci-fi movie or a Victorias Secret ad? No wonder this movie is flopping, they have no idea what they want it to be.

40 year olds aren't going to see this movie for the sexiness, and 20 years arent going to buy in. Seems like another movie the studio over-relied on the stars and figured the casting would market the movie itself.

If this is a movie set in space, we want space thrills, not shots of JLaw and Pratt rubbing on each other being sexy. The message is totally unclear here, especially compared to the marketing of Martian, Gravity, and Interstellar. Hell JA clearly showed audiences what it was giving them - which is why everyone stayed away.

In Europe only the space thriller aspects of movie are the selling point. Sony US is unbelievable - they're only ones running the horrible spot with that Imagine Dragons song 

Edited by XO21
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

One main reason for that might be that he was just coming off Breaking Bad and wanted to stay in the drama genre for a while, right in his wheelhouse. Or maybe he just wasn't offered comedic roles at the time. That seems to have changed, though. He's already set for The Masterpiece, Last Flag Flying and Isle of Dogs, which will all likely have comedic elements.

Cranston doing comedy again is why I want to see Why Him? He's a great dramatic actor and Walter White will always be his career defining role but he was always brilliant as Hal in Malcolm in the Middle and as Hector in How I Met Your Mother

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jandrew said:

JLaw and Pratt are two of the sexiest stars in Hollywood, no doubt, but damn, this isn't Fatal Attraction 2.

That's exactly how I feel. I feel like Sony should have sold it as one or the other. But in the beginning they sold it as a Sci-fi movie and then suddenly sold it as a "love" story so for the GA it's confusing as to what the overall direction of the film is. 

I also feel like had they from from the beginning tried to sell it off as more of a Titanic in space, that's the expectations critics would have went in with and the reviews would have been better. 

I havent watched the film yet so I can't for sure say that's true but what I do know from all the information that I've gathered is that Sony marketed this film in the wrong way. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Passengers' audience score increased to 68%, it was at 66%.

Ass is at 71% score. I guess the audience is more charitable during the Christmas period ;)

Edited by Alli
  • Like 1