FlashMaster659

Tues #s (Asgard pg 136) R1 22.4 Sing 17.7 Pass 6 Moan 4.6 Ass 3.6 WH 3.4 Fen 3.1 LLL 2.6

Somebody should seriously send a group email to deadline and variety and anyone else who professionally is predicting Rogue one to do 85 million for the three-day period.... we are just a bunch of box-office nerds and we all know how to look up numbers on boxofficemojo.com LOL how hard is it to go look and see that films will drop 40% on Christmas Eve? What a bunch of dumb unprofessional hacks

• Like 18

Passengers should get a 4.5 multiplier from its 5 day total so around $105 million domestic. It will need $150 million + from OS market to get to a somewhat respectable (but probably not profitable) total. That's very doable.

• Like 1

Just now, TLK said:

Passengers should get a 4.5 multiplier from its 5 day total so around $105 million domestic. It will need $150 million + from OS market to get to a somewhat respectable (but probably not profitable) total. That's very doable.

You're also assuming WOM isn't toxic like reviews. :ph34r:

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

You're also assuming WOM isn't toxic like reviews. :ph34r:

I honestly and truly believe that word of mouth will be very positive. I promise I will stop the singing praises for this movie but I really believe I saw a different movie than the critics did.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Christmas Baumer said:

I honestly and truly believe that word of mouth will be very positive. I promise I will stop the singing praises for this movie but I really believe I saw a different movie than the critics did.

The venom the movie got seems surreal and irrational.

Adam Sandler level reviews, really ?

<_<

2 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

If it does 100m+ DOM it probably won't be a total bust for Sony. I'd have to believe it can muster at least 100m+ OS as well. 

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

If it does 100m+ DOM it probably won't be a total bust for Sony. I'd have to believe it can muster at least 100m+ OS as well. 

It is performing well here so far. I think it should do around 150M or so OS.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TLK said:

That's if it gets that 4.5 multiplier. I personally don't see that happening. I think once the Golden Globes comes around it's going to be forgotten about in favor of award movies. 

I however do believe it will do very well OS 

Edited by Nova

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

The venom the movie got seems surreal and irrational.

Adam Sandler level reviews, really ?

<_<

As someone who was looking forward to the movie as a big fan of both Lawrence and Pratt I was a little disappointed but I think the reviews have been way too harsh.  

Edited by Rman823
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Passengers playing on 3500 screens while so many good movies are fighting for screens :( 

Have you written a review of the movie Passengers yet? Please tell us your thoughts. Oh wait you haven't seen it yet have you? So you have no clue whether or not it's any good.

• Like 6

Just now, Christmas Baumer said:

Have you written a review of the movie Passengers yet? Please tell us your thoughts. Oh wait you haven't seen it yet have you? So you have no clue whether or not it's any good.

But the critics say it's a mess so it must be terrible. 

• Like 2