FlashMaster659

Tues #s (Asgard pg 136) R1 22.4 Sing 17.7 Pass 6 Moan 4.6 Ass 3.6 WH 3.4 Fen 3.1 LLL 2.6

Deadline saying 14 for Sing which is a 46% jump. 11.6 would have been bad.

Tintin jumped 45% in 2011. http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2011-12-23&track=tintin.htm

Tintin fell 49% on Sat and jumped 58% on Sun. That would give Sing 32.5 but I feel it will hold better than that.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

So, does anyone still doubt that La La Land is making more than Passengers? Because it is guaranteed at this point.

La La Land will make more because it still hasn't even hit full award season momentum yet. 

Passenegers is just embarrassing at this point. But at least it has Assassin's Creed to take away from its embarrassment. 

• Like 3

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

Monday will be huge. 65+ for the 4-day is 100% locked. 

At 22m, the Friday hold would be most compared to Alvin 3 among 2011 films this weekend. IF it followed that pattern for the 4 day it would come in around 75m. I don't see how it would go as low as 65, but the fact of the matter is that is far closer to reality at a 22m Friday than 130 is. 

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

At 22m, the Friday hold would be most compared to Alvin 3 among 2011 films this weekend. IF it followed that pattern for the 4 day it would come in around 75m. I don't see how it would go as low as 65, but the fact of the matter is that is far closer to reality at a 22m Friday than 130 is. 

It is tracking day to day with Sherlock, not Chipmunks. $90m+ for the 4-day is more likely than either $65m or $75m. 

• Like 10

Best of luck to Carrie Fisher, that doesn't sound good...

As for that deadline projection, wow. The 3-day total is bad enough, but a 42-50 million Monday, seriously?

That would be the biggest Monday ever, topping TFA's first Monday of 40 million. That is so not going to happen.

I don't see how anyone can suggest that a 4-day total of 75 million is realistic either. Even with less than spectacular behaviour the 3-day should be good for around 60 million, and it's not going to drop to 15 million or less on Monday, it has a better chance of doing twice that number than dropping that low. It could finish a bit below 90 for the 4-day, but that is about it.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

It is tracking day to day with Sherlock, not Chipmunks. $90m+ for the 4-day is more likely than either $65m or $75m. 

Assuming the very high end is correct. The low end gives a Friday jump smaller than virtually everything in 2011.