grim22

Black Adam | October 21, 2022 | New Line | Don't worry, it's a hit. Dwayne Johnson says so!

I don’t think Henry’s inclusion will drive future sales.

Spoiler

And that’s assuming that most of the audience will actually stay there after the credits to watch his scene 

Surely most of the fans that willed the SnyderCut into existence will show up now (not the toxic part of the fandom that wants Zack in everything) as this is the a good sign that they are not done with the Snyderverse. But all in all the news just helped the film’s awareness. Henry will be in it for just a scene so the film will need to be good in its own merit for it to succeed.

13 hours ago, DlAMONDZ said:

After the stunt WB pulled with WW84, early reactions for DC movies means nothing

They never expected the film to have a free fall in reviews after the initial 88%. Btw, they knew the film was bad, the test screenings were mixed at best and word of it had come out in early 2020.

TSS had its oscial media reactions lift 21 days before release. So WB has a general idea about the reception the film will get. With ww84, they banked on the blockbuster drought due to the pandemic. It didnt work.

16 minutes ago, Jeight said:

They never expected the film to have a free fall in reviews after the initial 88%. Btw, they knew the film was bad, the test screenings were mixed at best and word of it had come out in early 2020.

TSS had its oscial media reactions lift 21 days before release. So WB has a general idea about the reception the film will get. With ww84, they banked on the blockbuster drought due to the pandemic. It didnt work.

All true. A lot of those initial social media reactions for WW84 spoke less on the quality of the movie and more about being happy to be in a theater again. 

Pretty sure that "that actor" returning to DC universe ain't hold the same value as Hugh Jackman returning to Marvel. "That actor" also isn't a vital box office drawing factor either and most of the casual viewers couldn't care less about him, I can't deny that he does get overhyped on the internet thanks to that "Twitter movement" over the last year. Let's hope that the quality of Black Adam film itself is good.

• Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

51 minutes ago, Arian1010 said:

Pretty sure that "that actor" returning to DC universe ain't hold the same value as Hugh Jackman returning to Marvel. "That actor" also isn't a vital box office drawing factor either and most of the casual viewers couldn't care less about him, I can't deny that he does get overhyped on the internet thanks to that "Twitter movement" over the last year. Let's hope that the quality of Black Adam film itself is good.

People lie. Number never lie and the numbers absolutely do not back the claims of "that actor" being popular in that role.

Otherwise the DC Universe would have been wildly different after June 2013.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Arian1010 said:

Is anyone even saying that on here? I’m confused.

A few people have said that it may slightly help the box office, that’s about it. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Arian1010 said:

4 hours ago, filmnerdjamie said:

People lie. Number never lie and the numbers absolutely do not back the claims of "that actor" being popular in that role.

Otherwise the DC Universe would have been wildly different after June 2013.

I think the notion of a name alone getting butts to theater seats is very old and not true anymore. Maybe if you are Tom Cruise. What big success did Jackman had in recent years? Or any other actor that leads a cbm right now really. It's just that getting a popular actor helps the visibility of the film but other than that is the film itself that will convince the audiences.

Said actornis very popular and liked right now. When it happens it's just gonna be "oh how cool that this actor that i like plays this huge character. Better than the other case."  Still the audiences will need a good movie if said character to make a BO success. And as it is casual audiences are not even aware of the rumors so if they are not going to see the movie they won't even know he is there.

• Like 2