WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 29): Split 40M | xXx 20.1M | Hidden Figures 15.7M | Sing 9M | La La Land 8.4M | The Founder 3.4M

2 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

Baumer, I love ya buddy, but this is going to be another Rogue One situation.  Beauty and the Beast is going to be massive.  Take my word on it.  

2 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

Sure thing, but Disney has put a laser like focus on this, a massive campaign and they really seem to believe in it.  Teaser trailer with a big push, then a big trailer push, multiple ads on tv, song released, huge ad buy on New Year's Eve, poster releases and it isn't even February yet.  They know it is going to be a giant hit and are pushing it like one.  

Maleficent, Cinderella and Jungle Book didn't get this much marketing support combined.  

Gotta admit, this puts a bit of a damper on me wanting to start a BatB < 400 DOM club. :P

(Really thinking this board is overprediciting both this and GOTG2).

Maybe I'll make it BatB < 450 DOM for old times sake. :ph34r:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sal said:

Unless the ending twist is that the main character is not mentally ill, I have no interest in seeing Split.  My family (and several friends) have problems with mental illness and I'm sick of movies playing on negative stigmas.  Mentally ill folks have enough negative shit to deal with without being portrayed as villains.  Especially when statistically speaking, we're more likely to be attacked by neurotypicals than vice versa.

Well Deadpool is probably the most successful and popular hero with a mental illness.

Though the average person probably has no clue he's mentally ill.

What do you think of the upcoming show Legion?

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Sal said:

Unless the ending twist is that the main character is not mentally ill, I have no interest in seeing Split.  My family (and several friends) have problems with mental illness and I'm sick of movies playing on negative stigmas.  Mentally ill folks have enough negative shit to deal with without being portrayed as villains.  Especially when statistically speaking, we're more likely to be attacked by neurotypicals than vice versa.

it must suck not being able to see Psycho too, it's really great.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I'd actually have to think up reasons beyond LOLBOT though. :lol:

Reasons:

• No March movie has ever made $450m dom.
  • No Disney fairy tale has ever made $450m dom.
  • The intense fan interest now might mean it's relatively frontloaded.
  • The cgi versions of old characters might be offputting.
  • The Boss Baby will kill its legs.
Edited by cannastop
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Reasons:

• No March movie has ever made $450m dom.
  • The intense fan interest now might mean it's relatively frontloaded.
  • The cgi versions of old characters might be offputting.
  • The Boss Baby will kill its legs.

The Boss Baby will be lucky to do over Bee Movie numbers especially with Smurfs the week before. However it is possible, Beauty and the Beast may not do to much over $450M but be in the range.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

The Boss Baby will be lucky to do over Bee Movie numbers especially with Smurfs the week before. However it is possible, Beauty and the Beast may not do to much over $450M but be in the range.

1 minute ago, Ray G said:

Boss Baby's final gross is going to be under B&TB's first weekend, likely well under. I don't think it'll be killing anything's legs.

You guys thought I was serious?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ray G said:

Boss Baby's final gross is going to be under B&TB's first weekend, likely well under. I don't think it'll be killing anything's legs.

Agreed on that, but if Bsast got negative reviews the combo of Boss Baby and Smurfs could be a problem although I don't think that is likely.

• Like 1

M. Night is sort of like the screwed up older brother that has been constantly disappointing you with his life choices but you wholeheartedly embrace him again when he starts to turn things around.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

M. Night is sort of like the screwed up older brother that has been constantly disappointing you with his life choices but you wholeheartedly embrace him again when he starts to turn things around.

It helps that he had a good number of missteps, and was forced to work on much smaller productions as a result. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1