kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

21 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I seen the spoiler, annoying. 

Why did China ban it? Because it’s Marvel or because they’re homophobic? 

Because in one of the scenes there's a newspaper stand that has a sign for a Falun Gung affiliated newspaper that's found everywhere in NYC. China labels Falun Gung as an evil cult and now think that this sign which is on hundreds of stands in NYC is an insult to China. 

• Haha 5

27 minutes ago, Lion Roar said:

Because in one of the scenes there's a newspaper stand that has a sign for a Falun Gung affiliated newspaper that's found everywhere in NYC. China labels Falun Gung as an evil cult and now think that this sign which is on hundreds of stands in NYC is an insult to China. 

You're kidding me? I can't tell anymore with China..

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Lion Roar said:

I don’t even know if this is a parody 😂

China being China. I don’t follow their box office anyway, and I remove it from grosses if I’m comparing films lol

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

You're kidding me? I can't tell anymore with China..

45 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I don’t even know if this is a parody 😂

China being China. I don’t follow their box office anyway, and I remove it from grosses if I’m comparing films lol

Completely true. Although no one really expected the movie to get released there anyways given their shadow Marvel ban, but now China can say they have a reason for a ban, no matter how bullshit or contrived it actually is. 

Also given the condition of the box office there right now, even if the movie had released it would have barely grossed 20-30% of its normal China gross

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Completely true. Although no one really expected the movie to get released there anyways given their shadow Marvel ban, but now China can say they have a reason for a ban, no matter how bullshit or contrived it actually is. 

Also given the condition of the box office there right now, even if the movie had released it would have barely grossed 20-30% of its normal China gross

And Marvel/Disney would only keep 20% of that.

Is it safe to say that if well received, Doctor Strange 2nd weekend drop won't go over 60%??

Seems that most blockbusters released at this time of the year don't drop that much. Been going a bit back and I think the biggest was 59.5%.

But it needs to be well received. 

EDIT: Lie. TASM 2 dropped 61.2%. But I guess it's safe to say that movie wasn't well received at all. 

X-Men Origins: Wolverine also dropped 69%. But that shit wasn't well received either. 

Edited by ImNotRacistAtAll

30 minutes ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

Is it safe to say that if well received, Doctor Strange 2nd weekend drop won't go over 60%??

Seems that most blockbusters released at this time of the year don't drop that much. Been going a bit back and I think the biggest was 59.5%.

But it needs to be well received. 

EDIT: Lie. TASM 2 dropped 61.2%. But I guess it's safe to say that movie wasn't well received at all. 

X-Men Origins: Wolverine also dropped 69%. But that shit wasn't well received either. 

Look at the True FSS hold and apply it to 83%.

Think the best comps are definitely CW, IM3, IM2 which all lead to over 60% drop.  I would be pretty happy with 61% tbh

Edited by Illuminegion Confirmed

3 minutes ago, Illuminegion Confirmed said:

Look at the True FSS hold and apply it to 83%.

Think the best comps are definitely CW, IM3, IM2 which all lead to over 60% drop.  I would be pretty happy with 61% tbh

Did they? 

Box Office Mojo could be wrong but I see that IM2 dropped 59.4, IM2 dropped 58.4 and Civil War 59.5

3 minutes ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

Did they? 

Box Office Mojo could be wrong but I see that IM2 dropped 59.4, IM2 dropped 58.4 and Civil War 59.5

And if you follow what I said to do in my first sentence they all give worse than 60 😛    

They’re older so they weren’t as previewheavy, less Th dragging down the denominator.

Edited by Illuminegion Confirmed

I’m really looking forward to reactions on this one. I just have no idea how critics are going to feel about it.

I know the review embargo is the week of release and people usually seem to think that is to do with keeping secrets. Hopefully not to do with them thinking it might be a stinker.

Edited by exomassey

3 minutes ago, exomassey said:

I’m really looking forward to reactions on this one. I just have no idea how critics are going to feel about it.

I know the review embargo is the week of release and people usually seem to think that is to do with keeping secrets. Hopefully not to do with them thinking it might be a stinker.

It is to keep secrets out early. Just like NWH. 

They're going with the same NWH approach 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Illuminegion Confirmed said:

And if you follow what I said to do in my first sentence they all give worse than 60 😛    

They’re older so they weren’t as previewheavy, less Th dragging down the denominator.

However if Thursday burns more demand then FSS can hold better.