grim22

BOT's Top 25 Movies of 2016 Countdown. Reveal complete. Master list in first post.

Just now, 4815162342 said:

Well I guess for both interpretations there is an explosion of some kind

I am ready to gif that scene ASAP. It is strangely one of my favorite scenes in the movie.

• Like 3

also there are some things I kinda regret putting on my list cause at this point I just went with every film I liked which resulted in NYSM2 making a spot.  I probably would've cut back on everything above Fantastic Beasts and now I'm hoping Fantastic Beasts gets shut out but if it gets on there I'll only have myself to blame :sadben:.

• Like 1

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

don't breathe was so gross and tasteless. so it was really good. missed that in mainstream horror with all the sissy conjuring/paranormal ghost shit.

The Conjuring 2 was slightly better IMO. Let's just agree The Witch was the best of 2016.

Spoiler

Moonlight

wcIFfDK.jpg

TISe0nQ.png

Another movie I haven’t watched yet (I have been busy with stuff alright), but plan to get to as soon as I can.

User Reviews:

Moonlight has been drawing comparisons to Richard Linklater's Boyhood, and it's not difficult to see why. Both films follow the journey of a young boy as he goes on to discover himself as he's grows up. This is a marvelous film that neither shies away from the ugliness that the protagonist, a black LBGT male, faces as he grows up (but neither does it wallow in the misery like most films of its ilk do) but never feels exploitative, and all of it feels true to life. We've encountered someone like Chiron at some point in our lives even if it was by passing a stranger on the streets. Especially phenomenal is the acting. The three of the actors who play Chiron, all relative newcomers, are magnificent discoveries, while Mahershala Ali and Naomie Harris deserve the Oscar nominations they will receive. Andre Holland and Janelle Monae are also superb. This is what the SAG Awards were made for, people. In addition, the film is impeccably-directed by Barry Jenkins (also the screenwriter); there are many, many shots here that are terrifically put together. I look forward to seeing anything Jenkins does going forward. Year after year (and especially this year), movies are released that hardly register in the brain after they're over. This is not one of those movies. This is a film that will stay with everyone long after the end credits conclude. See it as soon as you can. A

- Filmlover

It's been a long time since I've watched a movie that spoon-feeds nothing to its audience. The dreamlike mise-en-scene supports the emotional immediacy well.

That's not to say that the spell never breaks. The Kevin in part II is a poor performance compared to the other leads. That's part of the reason I was so incredulous at one emotional crescendo and its rather hackneyed cuts. (Clenching fingers on the sand?)

But overall, this movie is an A.

- Cannastop

• Like 21

Just now, That One Guy said:

The scene in Don't Breathe when the blind guy got the cum shoved into his mouth is the best scene of the year tbh.

How can that be when there's a scene where Riz Ahmed gets Bodhi! Rook'd?! ?

• Like 2