YM!

Weekend Estimates: Lego Batman 55.6M, 50 Shades 46.7M, John Wick 2 30M

7 hours ago, YourMother said:

Now I'm sad not only is the LCU in serious trouble but WAG biggest hit was TLM and will likely be that way for a while.

Dude, it's not in serious trouble. It's not the mega breakout many of us wanted it to be, but it's damn sure far from a flop either. Ninjago will be the question answerer as to wheater or not can the Lego franchise truly subside. Plus, we can look at WAG w/a bit of a cult mindset (a Laika-ish mindset if you will): bar Lego Movie, none of their films have set the BO on fire, but they've all been dope.

Lego Batman may wind up being 2017's Kung Fu Panda 3. No better comparision can be made, me thinks.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Telemachos said:

PATERSON was excellent -- I wish I'd seen it before I did all my year-end lists and BOFFY stuff. 

Yes, such a different movie from anything in theaters right now. Amazon fuckety fucked its release, though. Should have played in September/October after the festival buzz. It's criminal that it was shut out of Indie Spirits. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, goldenstate5 said:

Another day, another unwarranted freakout about LBM doing 55 mil OW. That's still pretty strong despite inflated expectations, and there's a holiday weekend coming up. What's with all of the doom and gloom?

I don't think it's just to do with people's predictions, I think it's because it missed industry tracking too. 

31 minutes ago, goldenstate5 said:

Another day, another unwarranted freakout about LBM doing 55 mil OW. That's still pretty strong despite inflated expectations, and there's a holiday weekend coming up. What's with all of the doom and gloom?

Wait... $55m?

Are people really predicting a tiny -18% Sunday drop??

1 hour ago, Manchester by the Tree said:

Damn, looks China is going to save another Hollywood flop. XXX opening to $55M this weekend there.

Then its not really a flop. :)

1 hour ago, Manchester by the Tree said:

Damn, looks China is going to save another Hollywood flop. XXX opening to $55M this weekend there.

They are about 30 years behind us, as far as audience preferences. It seems like they are where the U.S. audience was in the 80s.

1 minute ago, Chaz said:

They are about 30 years behind us, as far as audience preferences. It seems like they are where the U.S. audience was in the 80s.

Oh maybe they're a different culture with different tastes, just sayin'...

• Like 9