Plain Old Tele

BOT: THE REVISITING -- TOP 25 of 2007! | Calculations Done. Reveal whenever Tele finds the time.

BOT Best of the Year!  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which year shall we do?

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

lol. No that's the good one. Wall-e is among Pixar's worst and Iron Man has a great performance but you know a movie can only be so good with favreau directing

You are BOT's other disappointing child.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Arlborn said:

Wall-E is a masterpiece. It might just be my favorite animation ever.

Wall-E has some beautiful moments and I really like the “silent" portion of the movie. But you know I can't help but walk away from the film offended by its blatant hey look america is fat message its got going on

40 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Wall-E has some beautiful moments and I really like the “silent" portion of the movie. But you know I can't help but walk away from the film offended by its blatant hey look america is fat message its got going on

That message is very different than what I got, I thought it was about how over reliance on technology can degenerate people, fatness is merely a symptom.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

That isn't the message at all, IMO. (Why would you be offended about characters from 700 years in the future to begin with?)

• Like 5

Sent my list! I was 6 during 2007 so haven't seen too many films from this year but enough passable ones to make a list of 25! Most of the films are films I saw at the time though i have seen a couple of the Oscar dominators in the years gone by and a couple of films have become ultimate guilty pleasures due to girly sleepover's *.*

Massive hype for Hairspray though, by far and away my favourite film of 2007 and one of my favourites of all time!! :wub:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I don't know. Even at nine years old I thought Wall-e seemed awful mean spirited

?!

It's an incredibly kind-hearted and gentle movie. Literally the only "bad person" is the autopilot who was programmed for specific orders with no deviation. 

• Like 8

Here's my list, I managed to reach 25 films that are at least decent:

1 American Gangster
2 There Will Be Blood
3 Ratatouille
4 Eastern Promises
5 Rescue Dawn
6 Juno
7 No Country For Old Men
8 Gone Baby Gone
9 I Am Legend
10 Charlie Wilson's War