CJohn

The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part | 2/8/2019 | Big Space Musical

3 minutes ago, Premium George said:

Only if, those spin-offs were not released. How to train your dragon 2, due to tv show, had a underperformance. 

I hope, spiderverse sequel is not affected by spin-offs.

Sony only has two TV shows - Cloudy and Hotel T - and I think they're basically non-entities on their respective channels. I don't know if Spiderman has an active standalone show, but yeah, Dreamworks LOVED making TV shows out of damn near everything. Even Kung Fu Panda has one on Nick and a new one on Amazon.

I did like Peabody and Sherman the show way more than the movie. 

On 1/22/2019 at 3:30 PM, CoolEric258 said:

https://www.fandango.com/the-lego-movie-2-the-second-part-early-access-screenings-216853/movie-overview

This Saturday, there are some early access showings for the movie. Um...okay?

Finally got more info. Show times are at 2, and it's only in about 500 theaters. The only ones playing it near me are some 20+ screeners. Bumblebee had around 750 IIRC

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 8:38 PM, CoolEric258 said:

Finally got more info. Show times are at 2, and it's only in about 500 theaters. The only ones playing it near me are some 20+ screeners. Bumblebee had around 750 IIRC

Interesting, wonder if this will continue with other family-oriented films.

It's standard practice here in the UK, for family films to hold "previews" in weekends running up to the official release. Usually it will have previews for Saturday and Sunday - full days, full wide release - in cinemas before the Friday. iirc Bumblebee had two weekends of previews here! It showed on Dec 15-16, Dec 22-33, then released permanently the week after. It's really strange. Then they include the figures in the OW. So many films have 5-day or more OWs, some films have had up to 9 day Opening Weekends. It's just daft and messes up the box office charts.