CJohn

The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part | 2/8/2019 | Big Space Musical

So, apparently, some people are complaining about the “hapless male” bit in the trailer, and all I have to say to that is “really?” I don’t want to get into some debate about feminism or anything, especially since I don’t really consider myself a feminist, but is a brief joke really enough to ruffle some people’s feathers? I guess I can sort of understand people taking issue with the joke in the trailer for the Wreck it Ralph sequel, since the stereotype about Disney princesses needing big strong men to save them doesn’t even apply to characters like Elsa and Moana, but why is a joke about Wyldstyle kicking more ass than Emmet a big deal?

On 6/5/2018 at 10:59 PM, WittyUsername said:

So, apparently, some people are complaining about the “hapless male” bit in the trailer, and all I have to say to that is “really?” I don’t want to get into some debate about feminism or anything, especially since I don’t really consider myself a feminist, but is a brief joke really enough to ruffle some people’s feathers? I guess I can sort of understand people taking issue with the joke in the trailer for the Wreck it Ralph sequel, since the stereotype about Disney princesses needing big strong men to save them doesn’t even apply to characters like Elsa and Moana, but why is a joke about Wyldstyle kicking more ass than Emmet a big deal?

Because 2018, sadly.

Of the four trailers released this week, for sure 'The Lego Movie 2' is the weakest(sadly). But I find it almost impossible for this movie to turn out bad, especially when we consider the people involved in it: Phil Lord, Chris Miller, Dan Lin and Mike Mitchell are extremely talented professionals.

I think it will be one of the successful animations in 2019.

37 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

fuck, why so many people don't understand one simple thing:  sometimes comedy likes play with absurd. Even in title.

#peopleTakeThingsTooSerious

I understand that it’s comedy, I was commenting it just came across as awkward and not funny to me.  Not as bad as the WiR2 title though.

any other Lego movies scheduled before this?  good thing Lego Movie 2 that there is this long of a break between films due to Lego Movie fatigue possibly denting future prospects in the franchise.  But I think Lego Movie 2 released 1 year after Lego Movie 1 would have grossed $$ more OW and total.