CJohn

The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part | 2/8/2019 | Big Space Musical

Not as good as the first movie, but still very fun. Definitely some good jokes, if not as creative, and I loved Haddish’s character. Also has nice themes of childhood and even gender stereotypes. Got a very sweet ending too. Easily the best out of all the Lego continuations 

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Not as good as the first movie, but still very fun. Definitely some good jokes, if not as creative, and I loved Haddish’s character. Also has nice themes of childhood and even gender stereotypes. Got a very sweet ending too. Easily the best out of all the Lego continuations 

Gender stereotypes? Oh no. That stuff never ends well...

9 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

How were the music numbers?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

where does it land in the lord/miller pantheon for films they wrote?

11 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

They’re fine. There aren’t a whole lot, and the songs are not particularly memorable, but well-animated. Hope Haddish headlines a musical

I never knew Haddish could sing.

Also did any characters from Lego Batman or Ninjago show up?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I never knew Haddish could sing.

Also did any characters from Lego Batman or Ninjago show up?

Spoiler

Alfred's in the movie for about 10 seconds. Don't think I recognized anyone else from those movies

Speaking of cameos though, there's one character who appears briefly that has not been spoiled in the marketing that made me and all the adults in the audience howl with laughter. Don't know how it went down at @WrathOfHan's screening, but I'm sure he knows who I'm talking about.

• Like 3

hey guys, resident Lord/Miller fanboy here, infamous for melting down at the Oscar snub of LEGO 1

This isn't as good as the first movie and that's okay; it might be the most ambitious thing Lord/Miller has done storywise (Spider-Verse has it beat in animation). it's nearly the opposite of the first film in a ton of approaches and thus feels fresh outside of the distinct sense of humor this franchise has. can't wait to revisit it on opening weekend. Much much better than i was expecting

also, one joke makes it super obvious Raphael Bob-Waksberg did a rewrite on the script!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Speaking of cameos though, there's one character who appears briefly that has not been spoiled in the marketing that made me and all the adults in the audience howl with laughter. Don't know how it went down at @WrathOfHan's screening, but I'm sure he knows who I'm talking about.

i know who you're talking about and that character SLAYED lmao

• Like 1