CJohn

The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part | 2/8/2019 | Big Space Musical

PERFECT release date. This is the new Shrek if they don't blow it.

Shawn, why? Just why? Why do you insist on hyping people. We are over 3 years away and people are now predicting over 400M DOM total. By the time we get to May 2017 500M DOM will be locked and when this does 375M it will be a legendary bomb :lol: 

• Like 6

That feels a long ways away

Holy crap, that's more than 3 years away. That feels like an awfully long time. I'm used to sequels happening a little faster than that.

That said, it's safe to assume that Legos will still be popular 3 years from now.

I'm not sure I like the release date though. Memorial Day (and summer in general) can sometimes be a bit too crowded. If all of a sudden it has to go up against Jurassic Park 5 or Star Trek 14 and whatever else, it's legs are going to be hurt, and it won't be able to pull in as much of a 4-quadrant audience as the first one. Plus, I just like having big movies during some of the quieter times on the movie calendar.