FlashMaster659

Mar 3-5 Weekend - Official Estimates - Logan 85.3m, Get Out 26.1m, Shack 16.1m, LEGO Bat 16.5, BIF 4.9m

(I don't take DHD for granted, but I'll comment on their numbers)

That is a very satisfying number for Logan, I sorta expected it to do O/U Doctor Strange, and sure enough, there it is. My heart wanted it to go 90+ or even 100, but my brain knew that Deadpool was a total anomaly and Logan wasn't gonna get there just like that.

However, I totally agree that Get Out's hold is the highlight. An R-rated horror movie on its 2nd weekend, w/an 80M R-rated superhero blockbuster opening, having a sub-30% drop is otherworldly to say the least. Over 100M isn't even a question at this point - the question is wheater or not will it match or even beat Split. I think it's safe to say that NOBODY saw this coming, and aren't surprise hits always the best?

John Wick's hold is also surprisingly good, 100M may not be out of question after all.

Despite a few lull weekends, 2017 is off to a badass start overall.

• Like 12

14 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

That is a very satisfying number for Logan, I sorta expected it to do O/U Doctor Strange, and sure enough, there it is. My heart wanted it to go 90+ or even 100, but my brain knew that Deadpool was a total anomaly and Logan wasn't gonna get there just like that.

However, I totally agree that Get Out's hold is the highlight. An R-rated horror movie on its 2nd weekend, w/an 80M R-rated superhero blockbuster opening, having a sub-30% drop is otherworldly to say the least. Over 100M isn't even a question at this point - the question is wheater or not will it match or even beat Split. I think it's safe to say that NOBODY saw this coming, and aren't surprise hits always the best?

John Wick's hold is also surprisingly good, 100M may not be out of question after all.

Hear, hear!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

GO will beat Split imho

It's a shame that LB will not hit $200M

but JW2 may hit $100M if Lionsgate is

keeping the screens.

2017 has many surprises already and Kong,

BATB/LGBT, F8 will make it even more interesting.

Hope  the rest of the summer is more interesting than :

Screen%20Shot%202017-03-01%20at%204.33.3

Edited by zackzack

32 minutes ago, zackzack said:

I don't think BATB, F8 and Kong will surprise us nearly half as much as Split and Get Out have. 

They'll make more money, sure, but they won't be as surprising or fun to follow.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, zackzack said:

GO will beat Split imho

It's a shame that LB will not hit $200M

but JW2 may hit $100M if Lionsgate is

keeping the screens.

Hope  the rest of the summer is more interesting than :

Screen%20Shot%202017-03-01%20at%204.33.3

Ever hear of spoiler tags?

8 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I don't think BATB, F8 and Kong will surprise us nearly half as much as Split and Get Out have. 

They'll make more money, sure, but they won't be as surprising or fun to follow.

BATB not interesting? Potential $400M grosser before summer season? Sure Hunger Games did it before but it is still a rarity.

Winter/Spring 2017 will be one of the best ever.

1 minute ago, zackzack said:

BATB not interesting? Potential $400M grosser before summer season? Sure Hunger Games did it before but it is still a rarity.

Winter/Spring 2017 will be one of the best ever.

I said surprising, not interesting.

It wouldn't be surprising for BATB to make $400m. 

Jungle Book made $360m with less hype.

This turning into one worst nights. My roommate woke up from being drunk. She panic since she does not wear she parked her car last. She lost cell phones and she needed to pet sit fit someone. So now I been sitting outside this apartment complex for an hour. I have been up for 23 hours. 

7 hours ago, LateReg said:

I agree, but Get Out actually made over 33 mil it's opening weekend, so it wouldn't necessarily be an increase.

33.3 mill.

Still with an 8m friday it has a chance at a 25% drop. Thats incredible.

• Like 7

Great for Logan but GO is the story of the year and that won't change unless another out-of-the-left-field movie pulls even bigger surprise. Cause, no matter how much BatB, GOTG 2, TLJ, etc make, they are expected to make a ton/break out. This was one of those boxoffice shockers that makes boxoffice watch so interesting. I think Split's a toast. Since Logan opening didn't make a dent in its hold, Kong and BatB shouldn't either (different audience). IMo, it'll start to slow down when it exhausts its own audience (not everyone is into horror), not because another movie hurt it. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

The trailer for LIFE played right after ALIEN COVENANT before Logan last night

:winomg:

At my viewing it was the other way around.

:ph34r: Some guy in the theater goes "The Alien got those bitches in the other movie and is coming back for more."

• Like 1