FlashMaster659

Mar 3-5 Weekend - Official Estimates - Logan 85.3m, Get Out 26.1m, Shack 16.1m, LEGO Bat 16.5, BIF 4.9m

3 hours ago, That One Guy said:

I might be going crazy, but does anyone else ever watch trailers they really like on repeat over and over?  I think my record for this is with the La La Land trailer (the third one released, came out after the City of Stars and Audition trailers).  I watched it at least 100 times.  This isn't an exaggeration, that is me being realistic.

I watch Valerian's trailer a couple of times every couple of days. The music certainly helps. I did the same with Logan's trailer for a while.

Those are actually the only 2 trailers I've ever watched so much though, I think.

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Skull Island tracking for 40-45 which wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the 190m budget

http://deadline.com/2017/03/logan-box-office-opening-get-out-the-shack-1202035207/

It's gonna be another Legend of Tarzan for WB. Whatever they make from it, they'll just take it and keep on walking.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, That One Guy said:

I might be going crazy, but does anyone else ever watch trailers they really like on repeat over and over?  I think my record for this is with the La La Land trailer (the third one released, came out after the City of Stars and Audition trailers).  I watched it at least 100 times.  This isn't an exaggeration, that is me being realistic.

I watch all the Disney Star Wars trailers over and over.

Deadpool, Civil Wr, Star Trek Beyond, Magnificient 7, Sing, Dr. Strange, Wonder Woman, Logan, Ghost in the Shell, and GotG2 also.

Most of these lived up to the trailers so far.

3 hours ago, Mulder said:

About the earlier GoTG Vol 2 topic the marketing for that film has been awfully boring imo. It'll work amazingly well for the general audience and it'll still make a ton of money, but nothing in the trailers interests me. 

I like the GOTG trailers but I realized yesterday what is missing is that there is NO big money shot. 

are those some spoilers at the end of page 83???  anyway. I am not trying to Troll, but i am a little disappointed with Logan's OW.  Maybe its cuz i predicted 100.0 OW.  I thought the trailers were going to resonate for a more massive opening.  Oh well, it still sold more tickets than Doctor Strange OW.   And my disappointment is suppressed by that amazing Saturday jump.  Deadpool's Saturday jump from real Friday was 22.7%.  Logan was 33.2%.  Lastly, how come Star Trek Beyond could not make the numbers Logan is doing????

10 minutes ago, YourMother said:

:redcapes:

These CBMs usually have one shot that every one is talking about. Some big sfx orgasm on screen. Only thing to talk about from GOTG2 trailers is funny dialogue. Where is the water cooler moment?  Where is the gif worthy shot? Baby Groot gasping? I can see why some arent so enthused despite every single time Ive seen the trailer with a crowd it got ate up.

36 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's gonna be another Legend of Tarzan for WB. Whatever they make from it, they'll just take it and keep on walking.

If it does as well as Legend of Tarzan, then it's probably gonna lose WB money, which would not be "good" to be exact.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It doesn't strike me as a movie that will make a substantial amount overseas no matter how high it goes in the US.

But does it need to have a overseas gross to be on the chart? Worldwide includes the U.S. and GO should be like #19 on that list.

3 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

These CBMs usually have one shot that every one is talking about. Some big sfx orgasm on screen. Only thing to talk about from GOTG2 trailers is funny dialogue. Where is the water cooler moment?  Where is the gif worthy shot? Baby Groot gasping? I can see why some arent so enthused despite every single time Ive seen the trailer with a crowd it got ate up.

Meh...call me one of those suckers but I always chuckle when I see the below shot...

Image result for guardians of the galaxy 2 baby groot gif

• Like 2

4 hours ago, That One Guy said:

I did this with the final trailers for Force Awakens and Breath of the Wild.

Also Super Mario Odyssey remade in GTAIV. No clue why

25 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Good thing Legendary is footing most of their bill.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

You said money shot.