FlashMaster659

Mar 3-5 Weekend - Official Estimates - Logan 85.3m, Get Out 26.1m, Shack 16.1m, LEGO Bat 16.5, BIF 4.9m

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

My most anticipated movie of the year arrived in January, so there's no point in saying another one.

Luckily my most anticipated movie arrives on Dec 15 so I have all year to look forward to and thats how me likes it.

• Like 1

The superhero genre also really needs to be shaken up. The movies have become so predictable. The villains being evil corporations or extraterrestrials trying to subjugate earth is really trite now. The works are really so rich and diverse, but they keep squandering it. Suggestions:

Teen Titans movie making Brother Blood the villain and Beast Boy the star

Static movie focusing on the aftermath Dakota City after the bang babies appear

Huntress movie with a mafia theme and possible Question tie-in - similar to Watchmen (not the movie) in tone 

Hellfire Club movie

Mojo's verse X-Men movie with a new set of younger mutants

Moon Knight movie or adult Spider-Man movie with Kraven

Aqua-man, and Black Panther appear to be extremely promising, but everything else is so uninspiring. I also like the idea of a Justice League Dark movie, but I really do not think that they are going to adapt it in a great way. Shadow pact is another great Idea for a movie, but Suicide Squad already botched Enchantress. 

Edited by PenguinHyphy

The only animated movie I'm really excited about this year after LB is Ninjago.

Top 10 most anticipated 2017 (Q2-Q4):

10.) Lego Ninjago

9.) Kingsman 2/JL

8.) Wonder Woman

7.) Alien

6.) Dunkirk

5.) The Dark Tower

4.) GOTGV2 

3.) SMH

2.) Thor: Rangarök

1.) Apes/TLJ

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Out of curiosity, you mention Guardians what have you thought about the marketing for it. Honestly think it looks like serious shite. 

Among May released blockbusters Alien and Pirates both feel more exciting to me

You're a funny guy Ethan 

That's why I'm going to kill you last

• Like 4

Well Box Office Mojo is fucked up. So this report will be short & sweet.

Logan slices & dices a big opening weekend.

Logan slashes to the top spot, while Get Out had the best hold ever for a horror film, and The Shack got off to a decent start. 

Overall the top 12 was at $168 million which is a vast improvement from last year, and is the best first weekend of March ever!

Logan led the weekend with an excelllent estimated $85.3 million which is the best debut for an R-rated film to be released in March, and the 5th best debut for an R-rated film ever! It is also the best debut for a Wolverine stand-alone film. While it is nothing close to the success of Deadpool, it's still a major win for Fox/Marvel. With solid word of mouth, and some competition look for Logan to gross above $200 million domestic.

Horror/Thriller Get Out had the best bold ever for an R-rated horror/thriller film with a drop around 22%, and should hold up just fine the next few weeks and should make at least $130 million domestic.

Christian flick The Shack had a better than expected start with an estimated $16.1 million which is better than the start of last year's Miracles From Heaven, and with Lent just beginning a few days ago. The Shack should bring in audiences who aren't wanting to blood & guts or R-rated content. So The Shack should make north of $50 million domestic.

The rest has already been mentioned, and I'm cutting off here. Before I Fall flopped but it wasn't appealing to audiences either way.

• Like 4

I might be going crazy, but does anyone else ever watch trailers they really like on repeat over and over?  I think my record for this is with the La La Land trailer (the third one released, came out after the City of Stars and Audition trailers).  I watched it at least 100 times.  This isn't an exaggeration, that is me being realistic.

• Like 1

Just now, That One Guy said:

I might be going crazy, but does anyone else ever watch trailers they really like on repeat over and over?  I think my record for this is with the La La Land trailer (the third one released, came out after the City of Stars and Audition trailers).  I watched it at least 100 times.  This isn't an exaggeration, that is me being realistic.

Apes. Watched the trailer about 20 times today.

Edited by YourMother

Speaking of trailers, is anyone getting tired of seeing the Baywatch trailer before everything? I'm not even joking when I say it's been with almost every movie I've seen since December. Feel like I will have seen the movie before it even opens on Memorial Day weekend.

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Apes. Watched the trailer about 20 times today.

The problem with this is you memorize certain shots and lines, which ruins their moment in the movie when they actually appear.

(I understand the temptation.)

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

The problem with this is you memorize certain shots and lines, which ruins their moment in the movie when they actually appear.

I have watched the new Pirates trailer way too many times (same with the new Kong trailer).

I really, really hate this Keith guy from BOM. This same guy already ruined the site back in 2015, and it's doing the same thing again, the guy clearly knows nothing about what he's doing, the worst part is that IMDB keeps firing amazing editors, maybe they want this guy to ruin the site, so people will stop visiting it and they'll have a reason to close it. Argh.

Just now, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I really, really hate this Keith guy from BOM. This same guy already ruined the site back in 2015, and it's doing the same thing again, the guy clearly knows nothing about what he's doing, the worst part is that IMDB keeps firing amazing editors, maybe they want this guy to ruin the site, so people will stop visiting it and they'll have a reason to close it. Argh.

The other guy's just on paternity leave. It's temporary.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

My name is Max. My world is fire and blood.

The world is running out of guzzoline.

Everybody's gone out of their minds.

:ph34r:

• Like 2

About the earlier GoTG Vol 2 topic the marketing for that film has been awfully boring imo. It'll work amazingly well for the general audience and it'll still make a ton of money, but nothing in the trailers interests me. 

Edited by Mulder
  • Like 1

Can anyone remind me what Keith Simanton did other than make reading BOM weekend box office articles boring as shit?  I remember noticing how the writing style changed and then I saw they got in a new writer.  Ray Subers was fantastic.

But did Keith do anything hilariously wrong or some kind of horrendous mess up?  Cause all I remember is what I mentioned above.

• Like 1