FlashMaster659

Mar 3-5 Weekend - Official Estimates - Logan 85.3m, Get Out 26.1m, Shack 16.1m, LEGO Bat 16.5, BIF 4.9m

11 minutes ago, Mulder said:

My 10 are-

A Monster Calls-9.5/10
Captain Fantastic-9/10

Though I fully expect to get called a moron again for my opinion. :lol: Typical BOT

13 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

8. Your Name (JAP)

tumblr_mr9l9a6wOC1rg903vo1_250.gif

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, elcaballero said:

Apocalypse would have been a lot better if it was the second or third X-Men movie, not the eighth. It simply recycled too many story beats that we've seen before.

They really need to come up with a theme other than "should we live with humans or rule them?" - I mean the whole X-Men-as-racism metaphor is what made them so engaging in the first place, but that horse is beaten, buried, reincarnated with a new cast, and beaten and buried again. DOFP worked because it had the time travel angle that injected some narrative energy in the proceedings, and First Class worked because Matthew Vaughn and because the period setting was novel at the time, but they really need to move on. It's not like there aren't tons of X-Men stories out there to mine. I hope they finally move forward with the Phoenix Saga - unless they decide to reboot the whole thing *again*.

• Like 2

Apocalypse is one of my favorite X-Men villains but the movie was so dull after that awesome opening scene. Really didn't like the way it did Angel ((AGAIN)). Also Jubilee was so unneeded. 

1 minute ago, Mulder said:

You didn't like A Monster Calls? Captain Fantastic is definitely an acquired taste and I can only like it's ending based on how I interpreted it.

Interesting. I liked the movie a lot, but the end was definitely unearned. How did you interpret it?

A kind of dream sequence? When the kids come out from below the bus I thought it was a dream sequence myself, until it went on for too long. 

Just now, Celedhring said:

Interesting. I liked the movie a lot, but the end was definitely unearned. How did you interpret it?

Hide contents

A kind of dream sequence? When the kids come out from below the bus I thought it was a dream sequence myself, until it went on for too long. 

i interpret it matt ross had a (bad) basic idea for a premise and had no idea what to do with the third act so he went to the 'Sundance Bullshit' playbook on how to end it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Celedhring said:

Hide contents

I was thinking dream sequence as well. If it's genuinely not a dream sequence then it sinks the entire movie for me.

4 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Apocalypse is one of my favorite X-Men villains but the movie was so dull after that awesome opening scene. Really didn't like the way it did Angel ((AGAIN)). Also Jubilee was so unneeded. 

Damn, I forgot Jubilee was in the movie. :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, Mulder said:

Reveal hidden contents

it's not a dream sequence. literally 0% of anything in the film supports that reading. if i could just write off any climax i don't like as a dream sequence, oh boy, it would make it so much easier though!

• Like 1

Just now, grey ghost said:

Damn, I forgot Jubilee was in the movie. :lol:

I wouldn't blame you seeing how unneeded and random she was. 

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

it's not a dream sequence. literally 0% of anything in the film supports that reading. if i could just write off any climax i don't like as a dream sequence, oh boy, it would make it so much easier though!

I mean yeah I guess though the way the scene is framed

where he falls asleep and then wakes up to his kids being there

supports it a bit though it's definitely a bit of a stretch.

11 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Remove Rogue One (and maybe Your Name with how much Coolio trashes it :lol: ) and that's pretty damn respectable.

Image result for disgusted

I know Rogue One is no masterpiece, but some shots in it are so beautiful that I'm tempted to place it high. Probably should be lower, on that I definitely agree. Your Name is genuinely evocative and a stark reminder of how distinct and unique culture the Japanese one really is. 

Deadpool - lot of people love it but I thought it was juvenile and not that funny

BvS- Bad plot and villain but I enjoyed the action and score

CW- Fun but not as good as the reviews. Plot was just as bad as BvS

X-Men: Apocalypse - kind of enjoyed it while watching it but very average and forgettable

Suicide Squad - bad. Will Smith is only redeeming factor

Doctor Strange - Cumberbatch is great but otherwise one of the most forgettable and formulaic superhero films in recent times. 91% on RT my ass 

i usually don't see the anime in cinemas lest i be trapped in a room with blue haired fat guys with facial piercings but on the authority of THIS FORUM i went to see that one cos it was apparently the best in years or something. was seething through it.

The only two 2016 superhero films I really liked were Civil War and BvS' ultimate edition. Apocalypse, Doctor Strange, and Suicide Squad were meh. Deadpool was good but not great.