FlashMaster659

Mar 3-5 Weekend - Official Estimates - Logan 85.3m, Get Out 26.1m, Shack 16.1m, LEGO Bat 16.5, BIF 4.9m

12 minutes ago, baumer said:

All Transformers films are better than CW. Imo of course. Hard to be a God is mostly better than CW. :redcapes:

I don't like any of the Transformers movies, but I find this statement hard to disagree with :ph34r:

• Like 1

Civil War was one of the 5 best movies of 2016 alongside Moonlight, Arrival, A Monster Calls, and the Ultimate Edition of Batman v Superman. :) ((I have a very...unique taste))

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

CW was great. It's shocking to me that people outright hate it.

Personally, I don't hate it at all. But I definitely consider it quite overrated. 

• Like 2

My breakdown of 2016 Comic Book Movies, from reverse release order

Doctor Strange - Fun visually but bland in every other way.

Suicide Squad - Fun to hate on.

X-Men - Lol nearly forgot this one existed

CW - Bland in nearly every way.

Batman v Superman - POS

Deadpool - Masterpiece.

The first half of Civil War is mediocre but the second half is pure comic book bliss. :jeb!:

That airport scene is something coming book nerds have been dreaming to see for decades. :qotd:

If you don't like CBMs stay in yo fuckin lane! :depp:

Stick to oscar bait and Michael "piss on your childhood" Bay. :jeb!:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Panda said:

Batman v Superman - POS

Deadpool - Masterpiece.

Apocalypse is the best CBM of 2016 and that's that. Deadpool is a close second.

DOFP is the best of 2014 and Logan will probably end up being the best of 2017. FOX is on fire.

The airport sequence bored me to tears. There, I said it. It was just noise and some random jokes, and overly long at that.

I did like CW's last act a lot though. Probably the MCU's best villain and villainous plot. CW overall was a missed opportunity to me; it could have been MCU's best if 2/3s of it weren't so generic.

Edited by Celedhring
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Civil War was one of the 5 best movies of 2016 alongside Moonlight, Arrival, A Monster Calls, and the Ultimate Edition of Batman v Superman. :) ((I have a very...unique taste))

I didn't know unique was synonymous with moronic.

6 minutes ago, The Panda said:

Batman v Superman - POS

Deadpool - Masterpiece.

Doctor Strange - Credit for introducing a new character, Cumberbatch very capable, otherwise just another MCU movie. 

Suicide Squad - Amazing how they managed to turn something so promising into something so lame. Probably the worst villain in any big-budgeted comic-book movie ever and a total waste of the Joker. 

X-Men: Apocalypse - The worst X-Men movie to date. I genuinely wanted to leave the theater but my friends wanted to stay. 

CW - A couple of great chase and fight scenes. RDJ right on the money as always, otherwise totally pointless and without any real stakes. More like a friendly soccer match than a Civil War. 

BVS - A mixed bag, more ambitious and more interesting than Civil War, but ultimately, highly flawed as well. 

Deadpool - One of the best superhero movies ever. Thoroughly enjoyable from first minute till last. One of the very few films that saved the name of Hollywood blockbusters in 2016. 

• Like 1

Honestly, the airport scene is kinda overrated. A lot of good moments and all, and the action itself was excellent, but the whole tone was a bit off. From the opening scene, the movie tried to build this conflict as something quite serious, and then, out of nowhere, the big fight between the two sides is supposed to be very humorous and cheerful. I mean, I get it and I know I'm about to recieve the MARVELISMEANTOBEFUNNYJHBSAJBUJA~ comments, but couldn't have they made the least effort to take that sequence a little bit more seriously? Not saying they should've made it joyless or anything, but make it a little less like they're blowing their own load w/awesomeness on the eyes and focused more on making the audience screech in the idea alone of seeing their heroes, the ones we need to save us from otherwordly threats, literally destroy each other.

I like the final fight better, exactly because it felt like there were stakes at hand. And the Black Panther chase sequence was my favorite action scene in the film.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Celedhring said:

The airport sequence bored me to tears. There, I said it. It was just noise and some random jokes, and overly long at that.

I did like CW's last act a lot though. Probably the MCU's best villain and villainous plot.

Do you even comics, bro?

Cause anyone who grew up on comics geeked the fuck out during that scene.

Deadpool: A blast to watch. I think it gets slightly worse on subsequent rewatches without a theater crowd, but the movie is still incredibly effective.

Civil War: Good. The airport scene is obviously amazing, and the rest of the movie is decent enough.

Doctor Strange: Good. The action scenes and effects are amazing, but the story is rushed.

Apocalypse: Decent. The movie has a lot of flaws, but it's enjoyable enough to watch.

BVS: Ehhhhh. The action is very good, but the rest of the movie is deeply flawed. The Ultimate Edition fixes nothing.

Suicide Squad: I'd pull a CJohn, but I don't want to get banned.

• Like 2