kayumanggi

THE MAN WHO KILLED DON QUIXOTE | Terry Gilliam | Adam Driver, Jonathan Pryce, Olga Kurylenko, Stellan Skarsgård

https://theplaylist.net/terry-gilliam-screening-don-quixote-20171005/

“On the one hand I am delighted that we have actually pulled it off,” he said. “On the other hand there is some trepidation. Is it good enough? Is it worthy of 25 years of my life? We had a screening last week with just a bunch of friends and friends of friends and people I don’t even know and I am afraid it went terribly well. But there is always a side of me that right up until it is released will be ‘have we really got it as good as we can?’ ”

Having carried the picture on his shoulders for years and years, ‘Quixote’ has not only taken an emotional toll on Gilliam, but a physical one as well. “By the end [of the shoot] I was in terrible shape,” he admits. “I won’t go into the whole thing, but I had a huge prostate operation when I got back to London. I did feel that I was going to die, not just that I was going to die but that I was dying.”

Gilliam has thankfully survived, and the film is now “in the final stages of effects and music.” The next question is where it will premiere. Unsurprisingly, one of the film’s producers wants the biggest movie stage in the world for ‘Quixote.’

“…we will premiere at Cannes next year,” Oscar Jaenada told Diario de Ibiza last month.

• Like 1

because this film is destined to never be seen

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2018/04/04/cannes-is-probably-not-going-to-get-gilliams-newest-film

Jump back in time to 2016: Gilliam and producer Paulo Branco reached an agreement regarding The Man Who Killed Don Quixote. In that contract, Branco was to provide the necessary funding for production - with Gilliam retaining final cut on the film - in exchange for the rights.

However, Branco balked on financing Don Quixote, causing Gilliam to seek funding elsewhere. Production actually went off without a hitch - with Gilliam reportedly being very happy with the finished product - and it seemed like Branco was out of the scene forever. 

Unfortunately for Gilliam, Branco's come out of hiding, with a claim that Don Quixote is not to be released without his express permission, since he technically owns the rights based on that 2016 contract. Gilliam believes that the document was null and void due to Branco, you know, never coming up with the money. Yet the litigation still needs to be heard in court before the picture can even grace the festival circuit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 3
  • Disbelief 1

5 hours ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

We finally get first trailer after long time awaiting.

Exists some gossip that this is gonna be at Cannes.

But I doubt in it.

This trailer was a blast to me, I hope we get to actually see this film some day...

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 12:49 PM, WrathOfHan said:

Well.... it looks ambitious :sparta: 

Ambitious is one thing;actually achievement is something else. And ,in the end, intentions are meaningless, only what is up there on the screen counts.

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 12:53 PM, CoolioD1 said:

it looks messy but the plot has kinda a Fisher King vibe which is his best movie so i dunno maybe. he's such a unique director that i'm always rooting for him despite... him.

I always root for one of the Pythons..even when I know a project there are in is probably going to not be very good.

For the record, I still love Gillaim's animations for "MOnty Python's Flying Circus" and the Python movies.

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 3:23 PM, slambros said:

This film has the potential to catch on with the mainstream if the nearly-two-decades-in-the-making narrative catches enough eyes. I hope this is good. Adam Driver is a good choice and his star-power will probably rise after The Last Jedi.

I love a lot of Gilliam's work, but he has never really caught on with the mainstream.