chasmmi

The Summer Game 2017 | Beans have been counted, sprouts measured, zombies destroyed, and Tele relegated to... oh wait better not... | Let the Pre-Season Reveals begin ...

7 hours ago, baumer said:

Nope.  The SOTM 3 is going to kill me.  I went for all 8 questions and I'm going to get about 6 of them wrong.

As an fyi, in the last Winter game, in weeklies I came in 17th out of the ~19 people who were taking them seriously and on SotM's, I came in 14th of the 21-22 people who were taking them seriously.

And I ended up winning.

This game is a little different but you're not out of it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, grim22 said:

and needs to do 8.22M next weekend (half of 16.43M) which is also a lock.

That's actually a diabolically worded question cuz 16.43m is already half of Blade Runner's domestic gross and so it's the actual number it needs to do. And I only just realized it myself. Go to hell chas

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jake Gittes said:

That's actually a diabolically worded question cuz 16.43m is already half of Blade Runner's domestic gross and so it's the actual number it needs to do. And I only just realized it myself. Go to hell chas

Hmmm... @chasmmi really needed to be more clear there for sure since all other numbers were the values he was talking about, like the Mexico Gross, Midnight Gross etc. 16.43 may still be possible, but it isn't a lock.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Wrath said:

As an fyi, in the last Winter game, in weeklies I came in 17th out of the ~19 people who were taking them seriously and on SotM's, I came in 14th of the 21-22 people who were taking them seriously.

And I ended up winning.

Yeah, a bad SOTM that's obviously hurting a lot of people isn't going to kill your game. It's like when you're watching a football game, a team scores in the first quarter and you hear somebody go "Welp, looks like the other teams done for!"

Edited by The Panda of the Caribbean
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, chasmmi said:

But every number in brackets was the number Alien Covenant needed to do for that question to be yes :(

I am here to poorly attempt to predict box office numbers, not to read.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Wrath said:

And I ended up winning.

Wrath....I invented the game. :)  I know you're never out of it until the preseason stuff is tallied. :)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tele Came Back said:

Did anyone predict 400m+? I didn't follow the game back then. 

I doubt that. Only me and Movieman predicted TDK to beat Indy 4. But I predicted only TDK 325 (to Indy at 315m). I think around 3 weeks to release(when Peter Travers review came out), predictions exploded. I think Shawn was the only one to predict OW record for it.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

I doubt that. Only me and Movieman predicted TDK to beat Indy 4. But I predicted only TDK 325 (to Indy at 315m). I think around 3 weeks to release(when Peter Travers review came out), predictions exploded. I think Shawn was the only one to predict OW record for it.

Tracking wasn't nearly as sophisticated as it is now....and I do remember the fever for TDK back then.  But you are right, there were few people who predicted really big things for it, before the reviews and such put the buzz through the roof.

• Like 2

• Community Manager
On 5/21/2017 at 4:41 AM, baumer said:

Are you referring to Alien Covenant?  Because most of us didn't go really high on it.  In fact, with Prometheus legs it gets to 90 million.  So everyone should be okay.

Guess it's a good thing I went under 100 million DOM if your right.

• Like 1