grim22

Skyscraper | July 13 2018 | Legendary | Rawson Marshall Thurber directing. The Rock. China co-production, set in China.

2 hours ago, Chewy said:

This one doesn't even have a high-concept selling point really, it's just the Rock fighting a building. Real test for his #brand

How is "The Rock saves his family from terrorists & a towering inferno atop the world's tallest building" NOT a high concept?

• Like 1

Before walking into “Skyscraper” one must master the art of being brain dead. This is a movie that wants you to valet park your brain at door and make sure it’s not turned on for the entire duration of the film. You saw the trailer. You saw the poster. You knew what you were getting into. You better suspend your disbelief or the movie will forcibly suspend it for you.

Though it is brainless, ‘Skyscraper’ lacks both the fun and the Dwayne Johnson charm audiences expect to see.

FULL REVIEW: https://rendyreviews.com/movies//skyscraper-review

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Blockbusters have become a sadenning affair.

If you want to see Dwayne jumping and hanging and fighting in front of giant green screens.

if you like 100  minutes CGI shit shows :

then this movie s for you.

If you like grand cinema with true action & stunts from real reality (Copyright The Futurist, use with permission) :

wait for Mission Impossible Fallout.

Spoiler

I liked this a lot, very spectacular, amazing CGIs, they were kinda creative with the fake giant building, the sphere and whatnot .

Dwayne gives his all as usual, his charisma literally ozzes from the screen, and it s beautiful to see him still believing in the 80's, 90's action heroes but with today s technology & set pieces.

Neve Campbell was a B- in the let s rescue the  wife and kids scale and the kids were not to annoying. Villains were lame tho.

There is a terrific epic action cue from Steve Jablonsky when Dwayne plays with the giant crane.

The movie delivers on its premise.

Dwayne Johnson should do more movies tho.

Alsmot forgot, Chinese people are awesome !

:rock::shades:

Edited by The Futurist

I've just watched it...Best comedy of the year! :)

It's impossible to not laugh during most of the action scenes of this movie. The Rock for sure had a ton of fun making this movie. I know I had a ton of fun. Very short movie, straight to the point.

Too bad the 3D didn't add anything. At least I watched it for free, so I'm not complaining. 

Just watched this. It's just a bit off throughout. Not as fun as it should be. The ending is inventive but this has to be the most predictable movie ever made. The script is Action Movie 101.

Was really hoping this would be much better and more fun. The issue is that it takes itself just a bit too seriously to really have fun with the concept. Also felt like a lot of stuff got cut, it's a lean movie at about 90 without credits it felt like.

There is one scene where The Rock is acting and that is just awful to see. The Rock is best when he's being The Rock, no idea why he played this character like he was up for an Oscar or something. There was just something missing in the whole thing. So much potential, won't say it's a disappointment but it could have been so so much more better and more fun.

• Like 1

There is also a Chinese Ruby Rose in this movie. She's a perfect doppelganger for Ruby Rose at the very least. Neve Campbell has a character payoff where I was really hoping they let the audience fill in the blank instead of having her say it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mojoguy said:

Skyscraper and Rampage have almost the same budget ($120/125 million). Holy shit!

Giant CGI ape costs the same as man beating up a building of dudes?butler.png

Red Notice is also between 125-150m, seem to be is package price.

I'm wondering if this was my imagination, but 

BIG SPOILER

Spoiler

The crane jump to the building seemed to have the distance between the crane and the building visibly much much closer than it is in the trailer

Anyone else who watched the movie felt that?