grim22

Skyscraper | July 13 2018 | Legendary | Rawson Marshall Thurber directing. The Rock. China co-production, set in China.

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I imagine 2-3 days before opening like most movies like this do.

I only ask because I believe they've been screening it for critics this past week. The preview screening I was at had some press at it.

Edited by Jay Beezy

21 minutes ago, filmlover said:

...but how was the movie?

There’s little that’s wrong with the movie so long as you accept that you’re getting no more than what you expect from it.

I did have sweaty palms at various times during the movie if that means anything.

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, lilmac said:

Does the $125m include marketing though? Also, sometimes distribution deals can offset costs

No that only direct production cost a movie like that total cost is about 275m, you can a complete break down of the cost a couple of message later:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jay Beezy said:

There’s little that’s wrong with the movie so long as you accept that you’re getting no more than what you expect from it.

I did have sweaty palms at various times during the movie if that means anything.

If someone is afraid of heights should they risk it? 🙂

I can see it make about the same as Pacific Rim Uprising but with better legs due to the summer. Releasing after I2, JWFK and AMATW absorbing the attention of the action crowd this is just dead.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

I am feeling this will surprise. It's action flick, yes, but more relatable, no scifi/SH. Adults might be interested in this, and this is hard to see using social media tracking.

Plot is clear. Star is huge. Trailers are effective.

On 6/30/2018 at 5:28 PM, Jay Beezy said:

I only ask because I believe they've been screening it for critics this past week. The preview screening I was at had some press at it.

There have been. Some of the Collider crew saw it last week. They did an interview with the director during one of the Movie Talk episodes last week if you’re interested in watching it. No spoilers. During the interview one of them talked about getting sweaty palms as well during a couple of scenes as well as some of the more vertigo inducing shots. I’m looking forward to it. 

9 hours ago, filmlover said:

This sorta reminds me of White House Down (which was arriving when Channing Tatum was appearing to be The Next Big Box Office Star coming off of his banner 2012 and also in a sea of much more hyped tentpoles) tbh.

Don't forget this isn't opening in the same year as another movie with the exact same concept.

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, stripe said:

I am feeling this will surprise. It's action flick, yes, but more relatable, no scifi/SH. Adults might be interested in this, and this is hard to see using social media tracking.

Plot is clear. Star is huge. Trailers are effective.

And never underestimate the potential female audience this will get. The Rock is an attractive dude, the film is all about a relateable male hero protecting one's family, and it seems like Neve Campbell's role has a tad more to do than the typical girlfriend role. 

27 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

From now on, men in action movies should let their significant others defend themselves, or die.

I know, right? The MCU is so good at this. All those solo female superhero films that they have released are so awesome, and all the wonderful showcases for their awesome female characters in all those wonderful superhero films in which their female characters totally save the day are amazing.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

From now on, men in action movies should let their significant others defend themselves, or die.

If the lead was a female, the trailer would have more dislikes than likes and it would be attacked on Twitter by the you-know-who’s 

• Like 1