franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | The 9th most profitable film of 2023

52 minutes ago, Barnack said:

From the Sony leak about James Gunn, would not surprise me if all studios have offered him support and a job:

Hey before the whole world starts treating him with the lust I’ve always had I just wanted to reiterate how serious we are about creating his post marvel home whenever you think that discussion can get real!

Amy and Doug want to do the full Sony on him at some point and share the love!

And that was before Guardian of the Galaxy 1 had even released.

kraven the hunter director confirmed.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

People are really comparing Bautista to a child molester and serial sexual assaulter like Kevin Spacey just because he doesn't like that Disney fired his director and friend to appease a Conservative alleged rapist? Yes that's what you are doing when you joke that he should be replaced by that actor. There have been no rape allegations against Gunn nor any of the cast defending him and yet I routinely see people who believe that Gunn should have been fired throwing out such accusations. Disgusting.

It was me joking about replacing Dave with Plummer. It’s a joke we use any time somebody is talked about getting replaced. I have no problem with Dave defending Gunn or Gunn in general. Sorry if that was offensive but I think people know me well enough that I don’t joke if rape accusations are involved and in this case they’re not.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Disney earnings call has started. Iger will likely be asked about Gunn situation and/or GOTG3 status:

CBS didn't talk about les-moonves accusation's during their earning call:

https://deadline.com/2018/08/les-moonves-breaks-silence-on-cbs-earnings-call-1202438900/

IF you read a call just after Solo director stuff happened, not close to any mention:

https://www.thewaltdisneycompany.com/wp-content/uploads/q3_fy17_earnings_transcript.pdf

Question were about ESPN / Over the top streaming plans, would ESPN be on the over the top plan. I.e. Question mostly about TV and theme park, were the money and stock price is for Disney. Not sure the analyst at BMO capital or someone at Merrill Lynch is likely to burn a question about something like that, a 2020 slate single movie director.

Maybe if they have a general plan in the future to mitigate in the future the Roseanne/Gunn type of situation and if Fox side will be free of it. But I imagine lot of question will be about the Fox deal.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 2

@Barnack true. I'm dying of boredom. so far, he only confirmed Disney 2019 slate Captain Marvel, Dumbo, Avengers, Aladdin, Artemis Fowl, Jungle Cruise, Frozen 2 and SW IX that we knew about anyway. I'm hoping for some exclusive stuff but likely not cause it looks it's over. yep it's over. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

Hope we finally put this matter to a rest.I know it hasn't been that long but i don't want people to be hyped for Gunn's return with one article or rumour only to have their hopes dashed the next.Just do a final confirmation if he really is gone.