franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | The 9th most profitable film of 2023

8 minutes ago, Menor said:

I don't recall anyone being teased but Warlock. Maybe some Ravager that will have a big role? Or maybe the scientist that created Rocket? I'm not familiar with the comics to know if there are any other options. 

I do feel like the "every big name actor" part is a bit tongue-in-cheek. 

Maybe but the again he’s pictured with all the main cast, so I imagine it has to be a fairly strong role.

Silver Surfer?
Beta Ray Bill?

High Evolutionary?

Galactus? 

Nova?

33 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Maybe but the again he’s pictured with all the main cast, so I imagine it has to be a fairly strong role.

High Evolutionary?

Now that you mention it, pretty sure this character has been rumored for Guardians 3 (actually was it this thread where I read that? Not sure). Hmm...I think the other 4 you mention would be better introduced elsewhere, but we'll see. Especially Galactus, I honestly think his introduction would fit better with the Eternals at this point. 

Edited by Menor

The game kinda ruined the hype of this movie for me... The story and character development was so good there, Drax was a thousand times a better character, he was like Guardians 1 but smarter and not a joker like Guardians 2.

They even used Warlock as the core of the story, so I won't be surprised if it gets overshadow as well.

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I’m not surprised. I’d imagine he’s taking this pay cheque gig and just wants to get back to WB. 

I believe he said from the start he would be doing three guardians movies to complete his vision for them. He’s been pretty dedicated to the guardians and marvel, he’s also doing the holiday special for them. While he may like his relationship with WB he seems to put his heart into all his projects so I’d expect no different from this. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if he still did projects for both Marvel and DC after gotg3 unless he’s signs some exclusive deal with WB.

Edited by cax16
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, Product Driven Legion said:

Well that’s just ridiculously off base.

It really isn’t. 

He seems to enjoy the full creative freedom with WB and it can’t be “all is completely forgiven” over Disney firing him. It’ll have soured the relationship, even if it’s only slight.

GOTG3 will be finishing a contractual obligation, and I don’t see how that contradicts what I said. 

• Haha 1

James Gunn's versions of Rocket, Groot & Drax >>>>>>>>>>> Anything he did in TSS. I don't get everyone blowing John Cena as Peacemaker lately, to me that character was funnier in concept, like most of TSS I just wasn't really laughing at any of his stuff. Dave Bautista as Drax is a million times funnier performance

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

It really isn’t. 

He seems to enjoy the full creative freedom with WB and it can’t be “all is completely forgiven” over Disney firing him. It’ll have soured the relationship, even if it’s only slight.

GOTG3 will be finishing a contractual obligation, and I don’t see how that contradicts what I said. 

I think you’re stretching trying to look for whatever minor win for DC over Marvel you can find at this point lol. 

• Like 2

Gunn also has been working with Marvel since 2012 when he got hired for the first Guardians. It makes sense after Vol 3 if he didn't feel the need to visit the MCU afterwards. Plus with Peacemaker he really does seem to find his love of making TV shows and DC in that regard is more flexible than Marvel.