franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | The 9th most profitable film of 2023

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

Lmfao so they did everything they did and realized no director wanted a part in GOTG3 (because it's Gunn's franchise) so they came back to Gunn which is what everyone told them to do in the beginning. 

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

Lmfao so they did everything they did and realized no director wanted a part in GOTG3 (because it's Gunn's franchise) so they came back to Gunn which is what everyone told them to do in the beginning. 

I dont believe Disney-Marvel cant find another director for Gotg 3 😅

• Like 1

https://deadline.com/2019/03/james-gunn-reinstated-guardians-of-the-galaxy-3-disney-suicide-squad-2-indefensible-social-media-messages-1202576444/

Marvel Studios has agreed to commence production on Guardians of the Galaxy 3 after Gunn completes Suicide Squad 2. Making the whole thing easier though was the fact that Marvel Studios never met with or considered any other director for Guardians of the Galaxy 3, despite speculation that Thor: Ragnarok helmer Taika Waititi and Vice helmer Adam McKay were in the mix.

2 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

I dont believe Disney-Marvel cant find another director for Gotg 3 😅

Nah. Some of the directors names that were brought up said they weren't interested because they felt it was James Gunn's project. Taika was the most recent example. 

Edited by Nova

EXCLUSIVE: Redemption and second chances have long been superhero movie staples, and today it looks like life has imitated art. I’ve learned that Disney has reinstated James Gunn as the writer-director of Guardians of the Galaxy 3, and I’ve confirmed it with Marvel and Gunn’s camp.

Why the change of heart? After the firing, Walt Disney Studios president Alan Hornmet with Gunn on multiple occasions to discuss the situation. Persuaded by Gunn’s public apology and his handling of the situation after, Horn decided to reverse course and reinstate Gunn.

Marvel Studios has agreed to commence production on Guardians of the Galaxy 3 after Gunn completes Suicide Squad 2.

Marvel Studios has agreed to commence production on Guardians of the Galaxy 3 after Gunn completes Suicide Squad 2.

Just now, Nova said:

Nah. Some of the directors they were interested in straight up said they don't want to direct the movie because they felt it was James Gunn's project. I wouldnt be surprised if that sentiment went across the board with other directors as well. 

I think this is a big strategy from Feige

6 minutes ago, Nova said:

It was explicit said they had not met with any other director

5 minutes ago, Nova said:

Now Marvel have to share him with Warner Bros/DC. I wonder if WB and Disney had to negotiate to let it occur.