Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

1 minute ago, franfar said:

Only very few of Spielberg's films were actually thought provoking IMO.

Schindler's List, and then what else? 

They're entertaining, but kind of shallow.

We must have been watching different films.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TelemAAchos said:

Let's be careful not to get into spoiler territory here.

Would hate to see you gone for the weekend.

Pretty sure it's not a spoiler to say Gugu is wasted in another movie.

(but really, she deserves better than these nothing parts she gets mostly saddled with)

• Like 1

The only film I have an F+ in my grading system was...

Spoiler

The Last Airbender (Ted 2 and 2oolander were really close though)

Edited by YourMother

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

If you're one of those people who calls anyone with a differing opinion on something a hater then yeah I guess so.

No. I'm perfectly fine with people not liking a movie. I'm not even sure, if I will like BatB, as the original is pretty much my favourite movie of all time and the Disney-Remakes so far felt kind of empty, because they couldn't quite catch the magic, an animated movie can. 
The thing I don't understand, is, how people waste their time with constantly repeating it, trying to ruin it for others with it as a side-effect.

That what I meant with all the negativity.

• Like 3

Just now, filmlover said:

Pretty sure it's not a spoiler to say Gugu is wasted in another movie.

(but really, she deserves better than these nothing parts she gets mostly saddled with)

Yes, just wanted to make sure people didn't drift into more specifics without tagging them.

• Like 1

Jurassic World is kinda a meta film, the entire point of the movie is so obvious.  People say its a dumb without really asking why it is.  Its a movie about how filmmakers and marketers are always striving for bigger and better ways to keep wowing modern movie going audiences as they get more and more bored of the same shit over and over again.  In this movie, there is a giant super hybrid dinosaur with unique and outlandish abilities that wows general audiences while simultaneously destroying what people loved about the original movies.  Its basically a critique of modern blockbusters and moviegoing audiences.

Like, remember when superhero movies were solo movies until The Avengers came along and wowed everyone?  Hell theres even gonna be cinematic universes with other franchises like Kong and Godzilla.  Everything is gonna be a cinematic universe now meaning "biggerer and betterer" like Indominous Rex.

Jurassic World > Abadah and The Avengers.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Poseidon said:

No. I'm perfectly fine with people not liking a movie. I'm not even sure, if I will like BatB, as the original is pretty much my favourite movie of all time and the Disney-Remakes so far felt kind of empty, because they couldn't quite catch the magic, an animated movie can. 
The thing I don't understand, is, how people waste their time with constantly repeating it, trying to ruin it for others with it as a side-effect.

That what I meant with all the negativity.

Well I like that you prefer to be optimistic but this is a discussion board. We all have our own opinions about things and we're here to discuss them. Sometimes it just gets out of hand. :lol:

1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

Hell, theres even gonna be cinematic universes with other franchises like Kong and Godzilla.  Everyone is gonna be is gonna be a cinematic universe now meaning "biggerer and betterer" like Indominous Rex.

Freddy vs. Jason still did it first.

4 minutes ago, franfar said:

Bro...

Close Encounters, The Color Purple, Empire of the Sun, Minority Report, Munich...

• Like 1

Just now, GiantCALBears said:

F+ isn't a real grade... imagine getting one IRL.

Just now, Jayhawk said:

What's worse an F+ or an F-?

F+ is the movie was so bad I made a logical error in grading it, F- means you were close to an F, F+ means your movie was an insufferable piece of shit with a jar of Granny's Peach Tea on the side.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, franfar said:

2 minutes ago, elcaballero said:

Bro...

Close Encounters, The Color Purple, Empire of the Sun, Minority Report, Munich...

How has Lincoln not been mentioned yet?

Edited by Jason
  • Like 1