Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

12 minutes ago, setna said:

Does anyone know the reason of a 1000 % increase of Rogue One since wednesday???

Because it has the same theatres.

Amazing bumps!!!

Same thing happened with Spectre. They want a certain number before they close it. 

3 minutes ago, Frozen said:

No. Because then you have to count the people who saw it only due to the controversy or saw it more than once. 

And then you must consider a lot of those rednecks go to local theatres and pay $5 for afternoon shows. If New York or LA ever boycott your film, you are in trouble. 

How many people who saw it due to the controversy wouldn't see it otherwise though? I'm just saying my aunt literally got mad that I went to see it because of "Gay stuff" in it and she was excited for it initially. 

19 minutes ago, setna said:

Does anyone know the reason of a 1000 % increase of Rogue One since wednesday???

Amazing bumps!!!

Disney looking for a specific number to end it with. Probably playing in double features with BATB

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ban1o said:

I honestly think BATB would have made more if it wasn't for the gay controversy. Apparently pastors are warning churches about it? 

I don't know anyone avoiding the film in real life.  

23 minutes ago, setna said:

Amazing bumps!!!

Fudge

7 minutes ago, ban1o said:

How many people who saw it due to the controversy wouldn't see it otherwise though? I'm just saying my aunt literally got mad that I went to see it because of "Gay stuff" in it and she was excited for it initially. 

Lots of people. It got attention. 

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Lego Batman will most likely hit around 185M or so, shown some really good legs. Kong looks on course for 160-170 judging by the relatively low fall on the 2nd weekend, might cross 500-550M WW.

Great for both

28 minutes ago, setna said:

Amazing bumps!!!

Same thing that happened with TFA -- double features

2 hours ago, BenedictL11 said:

I'm not going to have it with people saying that Get Out is fading.

It is project to drop 38% or less against a 160M+ Opener. 21 Jump Street dropped 43% against The Hunger Games but held very well up for the rest of its run until The Avengers. While GO will face FF8, I'm sure Universal will do drive-ins to fudge its numbers since it will open $100M+ and maybe even above $125M!

Remember Zootopia had a drop in the mid 30s against Batman vs. Superman's opening weekend, before bouncing back for the rest of its run after two weekends of awesome drops in the 20s!!!!

Get Out will be at around $133M by the end of this weekend. With a 4 multiplier after a $13M opener, it should be around $172M! That total almost unheard of for a $30M+ opener outside of the holidays and summer, let alone a horror movie. It was never going to reach $200M with the lack of summer weekdays unless it was going to drop less than 20% every weekend (tough with strong competition), which is unheard especially for a horror film!

I won't say names on who's been bashing on this wonderful run because I'm a respectful person and we can share opinions but saying that GO is disappointing now just because it dropped over 35% (a lot of good horror films like Don't Breathe and Split slipped even worse against less competition when they had to deal with $85M+ openers) is so ludicrous. 

Those are my thoughts.

They are intimidated, "Get Out" is the LAST movie they want/ed to do well, given its raw agenda and a POC dominated cast

Edited by davincicode1

3 minutes ago, davincicode1 said:

I truly hope "GITS" will flop miserably next weeked. Everyone should boycott it.

It won't make a single penny next weekend so hoping for that to happen is going to come true. 

• Like 4