FlashMaster659

WEEKEND THREAD | Official Weekend Estimates: Beauty and the Beast - 88.3M; Power Rangers - 40.5M; Life - 12.6M; Other Numbers First Post. Gokira has been threadbanned.

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Kong has about 30-35M left domestic, about 75M or more in China and around 40M or so in the other markets. Can end with 530-540M and more than Godzilla WW in the end. Perfect setup for Godzilla 2 and Kong vs Godzilla.

It's a better movie than Godzilla, so I would be happy with that result. 

• Like 2

Just now, MrPink said:

Looool that Kaneda's Death and Journey to the Line sweet sweet combination. @4815162342

I want the Kashmir trailer of this now. :apocalypse:

Mixed against that footage, I have actual tears rolling down my cheeks

I'm about to fall down a bad YouTube rabbithole, I can tell

• Like 1

Just now, Chewy said:

Mixed against that footage, I have actual tears rolling down my cheeks

I'm about to fall down a bad YouTube rabbithole, I can tell

tumblr_mvgk90QD8T1rp0vkjo2_500.gif

So good, you can re-use it for 12 Years a Slave and IT WILL STILL WORK PERFECTLY

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

And I believe Logan didn't have any 3D surcharges, so that is a perfect example of a recent movie that could have benefited. The 3D boost is still a real thing even if people are finally getting tired of it to the point you see more 2D shows offered than a few years ago.

I don't know if Logan would have benefited, is marketing was a lot about being different, not yet a saving the world type of superheroes movie, more grounded and gritty, having a 3D release would have been against that grain.

3D is still a real thing, specially when it fit the movie well like Jungle Book, but 2016 was the year with the most 3D release, 30% more than 2015 and the 3D box office declined (while the 2D box office grew) in 2016.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Disney has learned their "Ultron" lesson well: better to low-ball a massive estimate so you can then act like it showed "surprising strength" rather than go overboard and have the media call a $90m second weekend a "disappointing failure to meet expectations".

Don't most studios do this now for every weekend?  Rather than say what they think a movie is actually going to make that weekend, they now give a lower projection, so everyone on Sunday morning can say it did better than expected.

In their long-term forecast, BoxOffice.com gave Power Rangers a 2.89x multiplier (specifically, $38M OW and $110M DOM). With this new OW estimate, that would translate into about $117M DOM. Has anything really happened to change that?

Edited by johnboy3434

1 minute ago, Barnack said:

I don't know if Logan would have benefited, is marketing was a lot about being different, not yet a saving the world type of superheroes movie, more grounded and gritty, having a 3D release would have been against that grain.

3D is still a real thing, specially when it fit the movie well like Jungle Book, but 2016 was the year with the most 3D release, 30% more than 2015 and the 3D box office declined (while the 2D box office grew) in 2016.

I like the trends, haha. Good for people like me who would prefer more 2D options. Definitely moving the right direction, but I would like to see IMAX stop pushing 3D so hard on every movie. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Looool that Kaneda's Death and Journey to the Line sweet sweet combination. @4815162342

I want the Kashmir trailer of this now. :apocalypse:

You are a single issue poster for sure. Maybe change it up a bit

On 5/4/2016 at 0:41 PM, MrPink said:

I didn't hear Kashmir in an Apocalypse trailer

@Chewy @4815162342

On 4/25/2016 at 6:51 AM, MrPink said:

I thought this trailer was quite good, CGI looks much improved.

Needed more Kashmir though

On 3/17/2016 at 4:05 PM, MrPink said:

Needed more Kashmir

On 10/11/2015 at 7:13 PM, MrPink said:

I'm pretty sure we need a trailer that features Kaneda's Death, Journey to the Line, followed by Kashmir (Or Come With Me, I don't care). Top it off with a giant mosaic at the end, maybe throw in the Heavy, "How You Like Me Now" at the very very end.

On 10/11/2015 at 7:10 PM, MrPink said:

It was a very good trailer.

It's no John Carter Kashmir trailer though.

On 7/13/2015 at 6:09 PM, MrPink said:

Need more Kashmir.

Need more Gambit

Need more Taylor Kitsch Gambit

Need X-Men: DOFP mosaic

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, johnboy3434 said:

In their long-term forecast, BoxOffice.com gave Power Rangers a 2.89x multiplier (specifically, $38M OW and $110M DOM). With this OW estimate, that would translate into about $117M DOM. Has anything really happened to change that?

Both movies opening next week will take viewers away from this. 

4 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Power Rangers is a franchise that the GA doesnt care about.

The gross solely comes from fanbase which is far from huuge.

I dont see sequels coming at all.

You honestly think the hardcore PR fanbase is big enough to afford almost six million tickets? The largest fan forum only has about 50,000 people in it.

Edited by johnboy3434
  • Like 1

Just now, johnboy3434 said:

Mods, is there any sort of justification we can use to ban this idiot? I'll doctor some photos if need be.

Gokira or Pink?

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Harley said:

Both movies opening next week will take viewers away from this. 

You would think BO.com would have taken that into consideration though, which is part of why I'm asking. The only thing new since those projections were last made are the OW gross and the audience reception, both of which were either neutral or positive.

Edited by johnboy3434