Eevin

Tuesday #s: Beauty and the Beast- $9.5M (+37%!!!)

Wow! I was thinking, max, just over $9M for BatB. I think it will continue to trend like CINDERELLA though. It's just that Tuesdays are even more of a thing than they were just 2 years ago.

5 minutes ago, Agafin said:

Incredible. Pretty much every day if BatB has been.

Let's brace ourselves for the huge (40%?) Wednesday drop though.

It dropped 35.5% after rising 32% last week, so proportionally speaking we'd be looking at a 41% drop this time around.

Something like:

$48m weekend, $397m through Sunday could be what it's in for. $50m+ is doable though - all depends on that Wednesday drop.

Edited by Eevin

2 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Wow! I was thinking, max, just over $9M for BatB. I think it will continue to trend like CINDERELLA though. It's just that Tuesdays are even more of a thing than they were just 2 years ago.

It's impossible to compare it to Cinderella's run when it surpassed its total within just five days. BATB is likely still going to be in the top 5 when summer starts given how dead April looks outside of The Fate of the Furious (and even that isn't completely direct competition).

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It'll pass Deathly Hallows Part 2 to be Emma Watson's biggest grosser by Sunday, if not Saturday. What are Harry Potter fans thoughts on that?

USA was never one of HP's best markets.

WW is the deal and Beaty will not be nearly as big as some of the most successful Harry Potter movies.

3 minutes ago, Eevin said:

It dropped 35.5% after rising 32% last week, so proportionally speaking we'd be looking at a 41% drop this time around.

Something like:

$48m weekend, $397m through Sunday could be what it's in for. $50m+ is doable though - all depends on that Wednesday drop.

Still should be enough for it to get the top spot for a third week in my opinion.

Am I the only one who finds it kinda sad, that BatB will knock out Star Wars (1977) from the DOM Top 10? Im not saying BatB doesnt deserve it, but man, SW is there since 40 years...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Momo said:

Still should be enough for it to get the top spot for a third week in my opinion.

It'll get the top spot for sure. It will have its first real family competition ($30m+) in the form of Boss Baby, though.

Great number for Beauty. $9.5 million would be about a 35% increase from Monday.

Looks like great increases all around from what is posted so far at The Numbers:

- (3) Kong: Skull Island Warner Bros.  $1,737,061  +37%        
- (4) Life Sony Pictures  $1,444,576  +40%        
- (5) Logan 20th Century Fox  $1,240,612  +27%        

Peace,

Mike

• Like 1