Eevin

Tuesday #s: Beauty and the Beast- $9.5M (+37%!!!)

3 minutes ago, Jim Shorts said:

He's overpaying if he's paying $5000 an hour.

Depends on what she can do.

Okay, now I'm wondering what kind of sex could possibly be worth that much. I wouldn't pay that much to have a threesome with Kendall and Kylie Jenner.

Edited by johnboy3434
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jim Shorts said:

What are you smoking?  When one market (the US) accounts for a third of HP's WW gross, I'd say that would qualify it as its best market.

Except that one market (the US and Canada) accounts for 29.5% of worldwide ticket sales. So HP's relative performance was slightly above average at best.

Unrelated note: Where does the gif in your sig come from?

Edited by johnboy3434

9 minutes ago, johnboy3434 said:

Depends on what she can do.

Okay, now I'm wondering what kind of sex could possibly be worth that much. I wouldn't pay that much to have a threesome with Kendall and Kylie Jenner.

Trash. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jim Shorts said:

What are you smoking?  When one market (the US) accounts for a third of HP's WW gross, I'd say that would qualify it as its best market.

and when Beast crosses the $1B mark, it will have grossed more WW than all but 1 HP movie. I'd say that's pretty big.

First of all, be more respectful when you talk to me.

If you look at the performance of Harry Potter films it is higher in all time charts in almost all European  and asian markets compared to USA .

You obviously can't directly compare numbers from a market like US with Italy. The population and consumption diference is huge.

You said that HP movies gross comes 1/3 from US and that's basically the proof of what I am saying. 

Most films do 60-40 OS-DOM or  even 50-50.

Now regarding your last sentence as I already said, even If Batb grosses 1.3b it would still have less admissions than HP 1,2,4 at least.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Am I the only one who finds it kinda sad, that BatB will knock out Star Wars (1977) from the DOM Top 10? Im not saying BatB doesnt deserve it, but man, SW is there since 40 years...

I´m totally agree!!

it´s an amazing record, to be 40 years!!! in the top 10.

i think this is something won´t happen again and i´don´t like to happen...

• Like 2

18 hours ago, filmlover said:

It'll pass Deathly Hallows Part 2 to be Emma Watson's biggest grosser by Sunday, if not Saturday. What are Harry Potter fans thoughts on that?

Very good for her and we wish her the absolute best. Or were you hoping for a different response?

18 hours ago, FantasticBeasts said:

When I measure how "big" a movie is, I count how many people saw it.

In order for Beaty to be seen by more people than HP1, it would probably need 1.7b.

DH2 is actually the 4th HP movie in admissions.

Not the best way, because you could probably get a billion people to see something if you price it low enough.

OTOH, adjustments for inflation are fair. On that basis, "Beauty" would need $1.473B to beat HP1 WW.  

Since BATB has a good chance to pass all the HP movies DOM adjusted for inflation (HP1 is the biggest, at $483m DOM), but it will not be passing at least HP1 and DH2 WW, while it isn't fair to say the USA wasn't one of HP's best markets (obviously, it was the biggest, and by a big margin), it is true that HP movies were somewhat more popular aggregate OS relative to other movies than they were in the USA. 

That was particularly true early on. In the early 2000s, it was pretty rare for a movie's WW take to be all that much more than its DOM take. E.g., in 2001, big DOM films like Shrek and Monsters Inc., Mummy Returns and Jurassic Park III had DOM make up about half their WW earnings. But from the git, Potter was an exception, the ratio was more like 1/3 DOM to WW. 

The other early 2000s exception was Lord of the Rings series. Like Potter, it was able to rack up WW totals that were way above its big DOM money. Ratios like 300m DOM/900m WW. Common today, not so back then.

Time/Warner was definitely ahead of the curve in marketing its big DOM movies globally back then. 

Edited by SteveJaros

5 minutes ago, arpiaaaa said:

I though the same until I saw her.
She was entirely Belle to me

it's the accent. It's OK in most of her films where she does an American accent but when she uses her normal voice, she's Hermione. It's a little annoying lol. I also don't think she is a particularly good actor.