Eevin

Wednesday #s: Beauty and the Beast - $6.2M

Well, that's disappointing. New PR forecast...

Thursday: $2.20M (+5.24%)

REAL FIRST WEEK TOTAL: $47.3M

DOMESTIC TOTAL AFTER FIRST WEEK: $50.9M

Friday: $4.26M (+93.6%)

Saturday: $5.64M (+32.4%)

Sunday: $3.41M (-39.5%)

SECOND WEEKEND TOTAL: $13.3M (-63.7% real)

DOMESTIC TOTAL AFTER SECOND WEEKEND: $64.2M

With $400m domestic all but locked up for BatB now do we feel coming out of weekend #3 we can project a fairly decent domestic total? 

Is $500m still in play? I feel it's out as F&F rolls out and by the end of April theaters will have been dropping screens precipitously for GotG vol.2

3 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

With $400m domestic all but locked up for BatB now do we feel coming out of weekend #3 we can project a fairly decent domestic total? 

Is $500m still in play? I feel it's out as F&F rolls out and by the end of April theaters will have been dropping screens precipitously for GotG vol.2

500M is happening. It's still going to be in the Top 3 until The Circle comes out.

2 hours ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

So a Batgirl film has been greenlit by WB with Whedon set to direct.With the numbers that BaTB is pulling i wouldn't be suprised of Emma got the offer.

There was a rumor over a year ago WB wanted Emma for Batgirl. Whedon has followed her on twitter for a while now. I like Tatiana Maslany or Mary Elizabeth Winstead for the role.

Edited by Harley

I think $500M is happening for sure for Beauty and the Beast. I don't think it tops either Rogue One or TDK, though. I would say final domestic should be very close, like $515M or so. 

The weekend, to me, looks like mid to upper 40s. Unless Boss Baby somehow has more of an effect than I expect, which is possible (family fare and all), but I'm kind of feeling somewhere around $47-48M for the weekend for Beauty. While that's below Rogue One's third weekend, I expect Beauty to beat Rogue One's 4th weekend (because of the larger decline), probably more like $25M or so.

6 hours ago, johnboy3434 said:

Well, that's disappointing. New PR forecast...

Thursday: $2.20M (+5.24%)

REAL FIRST WEEK TOTAL: $47.3M

DOMESTIC TOTAL AFTER FIRST WEEK: $50.9M

Friday: $4.26M (+93.6%)

Saturday: $5.64M (+32.4%)

Sunday: $3.41M (-39.5%)

SECOND WEEKEND TOTAL: $13.3M (-63.7% real)

DOMESTIC TOTAL AFTER SECOND WEEKEND: $64.2M

2 things, first, films rarely increase on Thursdays anymore due to Previews. 

Secondly there really isn't a reason to say "real" First week because the 50.9m would be the real total. Previews are previews all films have the same advantage now and therefore every films first week includes the Thursday numbers. Even in the old days when there were sneaks and it was referred to as day 0 the total reflected the whole amount. 

19 minutes ago, narniadis said:

2 things, first, films rarely increase on Thursdays anymore due to Previews. 

Secondly there really isn't a reason to say "real" First week because the 50.9m would be the real total. Previews are previews all films have the same advantage now and therefore every films first week includes the Thursday numbers. Even in the old days when there were sneaks and it was referred to as day 0 the total reflected the whole amount. 

Whatever the convention may be, the comparisons don't show an accurate gauge of the audience drop unless they cover the same amount of time.

6 hours ago, Captain Craig said:

F&F is not a domestic monster and easter is coming up so more families will be going to the theaters.

6 hours ago, Captain Craig said:

I'd say that BATB is already way past a fairly decent domestic total.