WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 120): Boss Baby 50.2M | BATB 45.4M | GITS 18.7M | Power Rangers 14.2M | Kong 8.6M

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

fanboys on the film reddits are already throwing nolan under the bus for villeneuve. especially after this new dunkirk is pg13 business. they're very much about their super awesome and badass r ratings. war movies can't be good without them.

gotta admit i like his movies (sicario especially) but the adulation for this guy is a bit of a head scratcher for me. 

The total adulation for Nolan is also weird tbh

Idk what sparked it

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

He has to direct one of the best superhero movies and a blockbuster mindfuck movie first before the internet fully switches teams.

Bladerunner is one of the best science fiction movies of all time(with some cinephiles actually thinking its the best) and if Denis whatshisname and Roger Deakins deliver on its astronomical expectations then cinephiles and geekdom will worship at the alter of whatshisname.

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

fanboys on the film reddits are already throwing nolan under the bus for villeneuve. especially after this new dunkirk is pg13 business. they're very much about their super awesome and badass r ratings. war movies can't be good without them.

gotta admit i like his movies (sicario especially) but the adulation for this guy is a bit of a head scratcher for me. 

I don't get the issue with ratings that suddenly seems to have become a thing online this past year. Everyone seems to be thinking R-rated is some kind of Holy Grail now.

• Like 1

In geography the teacher was talking bout the river carving out the Grand Canyon which took "a few million years" 

"which is the blink of an eye in geologic time"

and all poor ol' me could think was

or in tele time. Problem is, no one would get it if I said it

:lol: 

• Like 5

Just now, franfar said:

The total adulation for Nolan is also weird tbh

Idk what sparked it

it's because he treated movies about their favourite action figures like it was the most important and deep thing in the world. do that and they'll love you forever. the movies actually being pretty good helped, but as snyder has shown it's not an absolute requirement.

• Like 3

Just now, DAJK said:

In geography the teacher was talking bout the river carving out the Grand Canyon which took "a few million years" 

"which is the blink of an eye in geologic time"

and all poor ol' me could think was

Hide contents

or in tele time. Problem is, no one would get it if I said it

:lol: 

You should've gone for it. No balls.

• Like 1

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

it's because he treated movies about their favourite action figures like it was the most important and deep thing in the world. do that and they'll love you forever. the movies actually being pretty good helped, but as snyder has shown it's not an absolute requirement.

I haven't noticed adulation for Snyder (mostly for Batfleck and the other characters). Then again, I haven't entered the lion's den in awhile.

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I don't get the issue with ratings that suddenly seems to have become a thing online this past year. Everyone seems to be thinking R-rated is some kind of Holy Grail now.

Deadpool happened

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

They were expecting the spiritual sequel to Saving Private Ryan

• Like 2

Just now, Telerian said:

Oh, you just need to pop into one of the Snyder/DC threads to find it. :unsure: 

Well, I haven't seen a DCEU film so I've stayed away lol

I was mostly thinking about Reddit though. I've seen Snyder get bashed since he keeps getting projects

• Like 1