WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 120): Boss Baby 50.2M | BATB 45.4M | GITS 18.7M | Power Rangers 14.2M | Kong 8.6M

YouTube Trailer views this week (3/25-4/1)

JL: 22.4M (1 week)

SMH: 19M (4 days)

IT: 17.8M (2 days)

Valerian: 6.4M (3 days)

Apes: 3M (2 days)

Ferdinand: 1.4M (4 days)

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I think tomorrow, DOM-wise, Beauty and the Beast will be the highest grossing film with Ian McKellen in it, beating The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.....which held the record for 14 years. Wow!

Sorry, Gandalf.

But can it beat ROTK adjusted? ;)

Id give it a 50/50 chance

8 minutes ago, MrPink said:

If you don't understand it, it makes you racist.

If your horror movie doesnt have a black director, is produced by Jason Blum and doesnt have rap music in it, its also racist.

Or something.

power rangers is gonna crawl to $100,000,000 DOM, make $50,000,000 in the 62 foreign countries, and has to make $220,000,000 in

Argentina 30 March 2017  
Estonia 31 March 2017  
India 31 March 2017  
Lithuania 31 March 2017  
Norway 31 March 2017  
South Africa 31 March 2017  
Belgium 5 April 2017  
France 5 April 2017  
Czech Republic 6 April 2017  
Hungary 6 April 2017  
Italy 6 April 2017  
Slovakia 6 April 2017  
Bulgaria 7 April 2017  
Spain 7 April 2017  
Finland 7 April 2017  
Romania 7 April 2017  
Sweden 7 April 2017  
South Korea and China  20 April 2017  
Japan     - July                               

Edited by Gokira2012

5 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Yeah, I imagine a lot of upcoming Dreamworks animated films will now be made in France, and all over Europe now, in order to save costs.

Or Canada, like Underpants (guessing $70M-$90M budget for it).

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Yeah, I imagine a lot of upcoming Dreamworks animated films will now be made in France, and all over Europe now, in order to save costs.

Captain Underpants was made by Mikros who are Canadian so I wouldn't be surprised if the Glendale studio closes leaving only Disney and Pixar as the only animation studios in California 

DWA can still produce successful films even if they are of questionable quality but they're no longer dominant 

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

Captain Underpants was made by Mikros who are Canadian so I wouldn't be surprised if the Glendale studio closes leaving only Disney and Pixar as the only animation studios in California 

DWA can still produce successful films even if they are of questionable quality but they're no longer dominant 

Sony Animation/Imageworks are still in California.

19 minutes ago, baumer said:

If your horror movie doesnt have a black director, is produced by Jason Blum and doesnt have rap music in it, its also racist.

Or something.

I am sick of you. Why is everyone condoning this aggressive bullying behavior? You're just some little twerp who the internet supplies the balls you would lack in any situation in real life. Just because you got a problem with me or my opinioms doesn't mean you speak for the majority of people or justify being a dick-face towards me

Edited by davincicode1

Those who see racism everywhere everytime are racists imo. They are so guilty and aware of their own racism that they address it by perpetually making the world around them appear even worse, so in comparison their own selves seem nicer. "I may be bad, but everyone else is horrible, so I am good."

edit: sorry for the digression.

giphy.gif

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Basically! Costs have caused a lot of studios to leave California. 

• Like 1

I'd kinda like Get Out to pass LB to be honest. I liked LB a bit better, but I think the film which made more of an impact on pop culture and the film industry as a whole deserves to be top film of the month. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Those who see racism everywhere everytime are racists imo. They are so guilty and aware of their own racism that they address it by perpetually making the world around them appear even worse, so in comparison their own selves seem nicer. "I may be bad, but everyone else is horrible, so I am good."

edit: sorry for the digression.

giphy.gif

i can't trust white people, you give them an inch they take a mile

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

I'd kinda like Get Out to pass LB to be honest. I liked LB a bit better, but I think the film which made more of an impact on pop culture and the film industry as a whole deserves to be top film of the month. 

I wish GO could get a strong boost when F8 released in next 2 weeks....

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

I doubt Gifted will be given a standard "wide" release either, probably a count similar to other Fox Searchlight titles that were pretty much dumped (Table 19, Wilson).

Supposed to go 1500 wide on the 21st.  In terms of social media on RT, Facebook, IMDB, trailers it's pacing far ahead of Zookeeper's Wife, let alone Wilson or Table 19.  Whether that's just boosted by Evan's fanbase or translates into ticket sales is another matter.

Just now, TalismanRing said:

Supposed to go 1500 wide on the 21st.  In terms of social media on RT, Facebook, IMDB, trailers it's pacing far ahead of Zookeeper's Wife, let alone Wilson or Table 19.  Whether that's just boosted by Evan's fanbase or translates into ticket sales is another matter.

I wonder about the economics behind something like Table 19. They had a good cast, so the budget might be 5M or so? It barely had a release and made no money, are they covering things from foreign presales? Or counting on people renting it on iTunes in the future seeing that it has familiar faces starring.