kayumanggi

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY II | 473.9 M overseas ● 863.8 M worldwide

2 minutes ago, Tele Came Back said:

Didn't APOCALYPSE do 125m there?

I assume they're talking in comparison with more popular Hollywood fare. 

Apocalypse did $120.7M, so if it does slightly over that, it's good. 

Edited by YourMother

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

You do realize that even with $120M in China, it'd be higher than every CBM there beside Civil War and Age Of Ultron, so can you explain how is that a disappointment.

X-men apocalypse did 120.76m in China, Iron Man 3 made 121m.

After Logan made more than 100m this year, I would imagine some expected more than 120m from Guardian 2 there. It was probably unfunded (with Dr Strange doing 109m, beating this for Guardian would probably already be real nice, considering that Dr.Strange did had some appeal for the China market, Cumberbatch, Asian setting, etc...)

• Like 1

This will be probably close to $ 300m OS by Sunday, and wom seems really good... Still thinking it has a shot in +550m OS.

I'm unrealistically being positive here but I'm thinking it will go pass the 600M mark overseas, barely. That still depends on its opening in the remaining OS markets. We will have a clear grasp of how well it's gonna perform overseas after actual figures are released on Monday.

Re: DOM
Some may have said it's a little too high to expect this film to go north of 400 but I'm positive it will if it opens better than 160 which doesn't seem to be too Inflated for an expectation right now.

So we're looking at at least 900M to 1B WW. Not bad!

Sent from my E6533 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, HenryjRhetorics said:

I'm unrealistically being positive here but I'm thinking it will go pass the 600M mark overseas, barely. That still depends on its opening in the remaining OS markets. We will have a clear grasp of how well it's gonna perform overseas after actual figures are released on Monday.

Re: DOM
Some may have said it's a little too high to expect this film to go north of 400 but I'm positive it will if it opens better than 160 which doesn't seem to be too Inflated for an expectation right now.

So we're looking at at least 900M to 1B WW. Not bad! 

I think even with $ 150m debut in USA, it has a shot to pass $ 400m total. I feel this won't be frontloaded like Ultron / CW, i'm thinking around 2.6 - 2.7x (against 2.3x for Ultron / CW). This movie has a stronger families appeal, and is really emotional and beautiful, so should find stronger legs.

Even with $ 150m i see this finishing with $ 390 - 405m (but i think it will debut in north of $ 160m).

So yeah, i think it's improbable to pass $ 1b WW, but i still thinking it could happen.

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Napoleon said:

According to ChinaFilmInsider, presales for Guardians 2 in China have been "lackluster" and they're counting on great word of mouth to carry it to $145M total there: http://chinafilminsider.com/screen-china-marvels-guardians-galaxy-vol-2-primed-kick-off-another-month-hollywood-dominance/#.WQuAYuADkQI.twitter

$145m isn't happening IMO. Friday numbers aren't promising there.

From keysersoze123 in China thread: ""68.67million at 6PM. its run rate is around 6.5m per hour. At this rate it could miss 100m. I hope run rate increases to 10m per hour at least till 9PM so that it finishes somewhere around 105m.

> 110m is not happening for sure.""

¥100m = $14.5m OD

I keep my $110m total prediction.

Edited by alisson23
  • Like 1

In Korea, the James Gunn-helmed sequel bowed Wednesday, the Buddha’s Birthday holiday, with a stellar $3.3M ($4.4M including previews). That’s the biggest opening day of 2017, the biggest May opening day, and the No. 3 opening day ever for a Marvel Cinematic Universe title there. Thursday put another $1.9M in Baby Groot’s pocket, which brings the cume to date to $6.3M. Today is the Children’s Day holiday.

Russia launched yesterday with an estimated $2.8M. The start is 41% ahead of the previous Guardians and a scant 1% behind Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Looking at China, Guardiansthe First opened in October 2014, two months after the rest of worldwide rollout, and scored a $26.6M launch weekend. If estimates thus far are solid, GOTG2 will easily out gun that. In total, the film should be around $250M offshore by the end of this session.

The UK continues to lead overseas play with $27.6M through Thursday, followed by Australia ($14M), Germany ($13.8M), Mexico ($12.5M) and France ($12M).

Box Office: 'Guardians Of The Galaxy 2' Nabs Superb $15.4M Friday In China

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/05/05/box-office-guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-nabs-superb-15-4-million-friday-in-china/

---

Like I said, not the figure I've seen. So where did you get that 12.92? [emoji53]

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Finnick said:

GOTG2 EARNED 167M WW (OS) ON ITS FIRST WEEK!!

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  n/a    0.0%
Foreign:  $167,000,000    100.0%

Worldwide:  $167,000,000  

its not 1st week considering it opened last tuesday in some markets. But whatever. Its a good number. This weekend will tell us where its going to end.

2 hours ago, Olive said:

Will stay falt in most countries including NA and China, 800M WW is good target.

360 dom and 90 china will give it 450.

350 os-china will take it to 800.

can't see much above that.

1 hour ago, a2knet said:

360 dom and 90 china will give it 450.

350 os-china will take it to 800.

can't see much above that.

Damn exchange rates. With 2014 exchange rates this could've done at least $900 million WW even without massive China gross. At least its attendance overseas is going to be quite higher than its predecessor.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

Damn exchange rates. With 2014 exchange rates this could've done at least $900 million WW even without massive China gross. At least its attendance overseas is going to be quite higher than its predecessor.

yeah. i think the exchange rates are going to be a stinker for a few movies expectations-wise, especially for potc5 when compared to potc4's insane os (though increase in china could balance rest of os). same for tf5. now other cbms will be intresting to track post gotg2's low 800s. i feel only homecoming can beat it ww.

Edited by a2knet

8 minutes ago, a2knet said:

yeah. i think the exchange rates are going to be a stinker for a few movies expectations-wise, especially for potc5 when compared to potc4's insane os (though increase in china could balance rest of os). same for tf5. now other cbms will be intresting to track post gotg2's low 800s. i feel only homecoming can beat it ww.

What you expect for Homecoming? 

Can pass Spiderman 3?

31 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

What you expect for Homecoming? 

Can pass Spiderman 3?

So ASM1 was 447 OS-China + 49 China

and ASM2 was 412 OS-China + 94.4 China

To match SM3's OS of 554, SMHC would probably need to do 150 Ch + 400 OS-China = 550 OS

IM's presence is a wild-card and can well give SMHC those numbers.

For SMHC's OS imo 500-600 is on the cards.

(Thinking 240-260 Dom. So 550 OS + 250 Dom = 800 WW, right near GOTG2)

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1